Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adapter harnesses for E30s with A/C option now will come with the C136 connector.
    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
      Adapter harnesses for E30s with A/C option now will come with the C136 connector.
      Is there any way to retrofit that into the original harness?
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Is there any way to retrofit that into the original harness?
        Yeah sure. I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Halloween sale! Let's get your car going so you can escape from the Sanderson sisters!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sale prices (effective 30 October 2019):

-$424.99 for S54 or S62 wiring adapter harness

-$399.99 for M54, M62TU, or M62 (9/97+) wiring adapter harness

-$374.99 for M52TU wiring adapter harness

-$194.99 for M50, S50, M52, or S52 wiring adapter harness for E30 (add $50 for OBD2 port for M52 & S52)

Note that options/add-ons and ECU flash prices will remain the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Justin (R3Z3N) has offered to share some videos of his E30 with the S54 installed with one of my harnesses. Pretty sweet car.

First drive: https://youtu.be/OFtg8j-pMoM

Drone footage: https://youtu.be/jiOuQ5EAdHw

Also, I've revised the E30 S54 (& M54 & M52TU) harness using measurements from an original E30 harness. The fuel pump relay will now fit into the M3 or 318is harness cover.

Comment

^Andrew, regarding relays in the vanity cover, only the slot closest to fuse box is able to clip onto the relay slip on the firewall as the airbox is much too tall. I fit 3 in there, but secured sideways....

I trimmed my vanity cover to just brush against the airbox, A LOT is cut away right where the relay mounts are. I would recommend mounting to the Fuse box instead. Though if using a CSL type airbox, there is much more space in the back. Unfortunately I could not do that due to my dual brake bias bar solution and reservoirs. Im fact I would have had to have a custom strut brace made to fit my build.

Before I mounted them sideways and cleaned up my additions: you can see the relay base touching the stock non CSL airbox, not allowing it to clip in even halfway:
              Last edited by R3Z3N; 04-22-2020, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Andrew,

Here is my S54 running with your harness. Not the cool video's that Justin has but its working.

Revs : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvRcnfZ3l-g

Wife drives the car away from a quick shoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAW3FVILeRI

Last edited by Staszek; 04-23-2020, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Beautiful build Staszek. Just a friendly suggestion to be careful not revving up the engine when it's cold though. I'm sure you know that's what the lights are for on an E46 M3 tach. I keep my RPMs under 3,000 on my engines until they are fully warmed up. I've been told to make sure it reaches oil temp, not just coolant temp.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                    Beautiful build Staszek. Just a friendly suggestion to be careful not revving up the engine when it's cold though. I'm sure you know that's what the lights are for on an E46 M3 tach. I keep my RPMs under 3,000 on my engines until they are fully warmed up. I've been told to make sure it reaches oil temp, not just coolant temp.
                    Yea I know, the engine wasn't the oil temp was at 190 which you should keep under 4000 until 165, I have an S65 as well with the moving tach so I know the drill. The car was actually run for a while it was on the cool down when I did that video. But thanks for the tip!

Comment

With the help of a client I was able to create an S62 adapter harness for the E31.

Also, I won't be able to fulfill rush orders this summer because I need to finish the restoration on my D90. If you aren't in a hurry and don't need a harness within a month or two you may still submit an order.

Comment

Andrew rocks. His stuff is legit. Great craftsmanship. How do I know?

In 2017 I purchased an entire setup for my E28 project ("Minvera"). Last week the car was completed and I've been driving the snot out of it since, making minor tweaks. Everything about the S54 works as Andrew promised. Nice and tidy. I still have a few minor things to finish up, such as mounting the sport mode button, and getting the AC connected.

Thanks Andrew!
                        Vlad: '87 535isMaytag: '87 528e'88 911Project Minerva - S54 E28

Comment

Will your m54 harness work for a m54b30 engine from an 04 530i, I believe that's a E60?

Comment

Originally posted by sLEEP View Post
                            Will your m54 harness work for a m54b30 engine from an 04 530i, I believe that's a E60?
                            Yeah, use an MS43 DME and get a MS43 engine harness from a E39, X5, or Z3. You can use one from an E46 too, but it doesn't reach the glove box very well, so just depends where you want to mount the DME.

Comment

I updated the original post with some price adjustments. I lowered the price of the 20-pin port from $250 to $150.

Comment

I decided to include a limited lifetime warranty on the wiring harnesses I make for the original purchaser as long as they own it. It retroactively applies to all harnesses I have manufactured going back to 2013 and also includes all adapter harnesses sold by Kassel Performance through January 2017. It doesn't cover damage or incorrect installation, but if you have something like a crimp connection that has wiggled itself loose you may send it in for repair. No one has ever told me they've had a problem with the wiring, but I just want to make sure you're taken care of if you ever do.
                                Last edited by Andrew325is; 05-18-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X