E30 S54 Swap AC signal input to DME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
    Sounds like the A/C signals to the E30 DME are not routed the the C101. I'm looking at a diagram that shows DME pins 40 & 41 going through C136. Those are the A/C signaling wires that will need to connect to the CAN interface.

It also appears that the E30 doesn't use a relay to drive the A/C compressor clutch. That will need to be added. I'll either point people to a good source or keep them on hand to sell along with the CAN interface.
    Either way, if you build it, I WILL buy. I will be running the E46 M3 ECU as this is for an S54 in the e30 chassis. Using Andrews wiring harness:
    Last edited by R3Z3N; 02-24-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Circuit boards have been designed & ordered. I should receive them in about 2 weeks.

Comment

I am running the factory e30 aux electrical fan for the AC and a viscous mechanical fan for the engine.

I have a factory chipped MS54 ECU on my e30 swap. E36 compressor with factory e30 wiring for AC.

The idle bog with AC on drives me nuts and sometimes stalls the car in heavy traffic in hot weather.

If you recommend running various e46 components, i will get them and install them. I have no issue trying to improve/optimize my AC setup.

Please let me know what you recommend and when your components are available.

Thank you.
        Ian Simon

Comment

Originally posted by 8920vt View Post
          I am running the factory e30 aux electrical fan for the AC and a viscous mechanical fan for the engine.

I have a factory chipped MS54 ECU on my e30 swap. E36 compressor with factory e30 wiring for AC.

The idle bog with AC on drives me nuts and sometimes stalls the car in heavy traffic in hot weather.

If you recommend running various e46 components, i will get them and install them. I have no issue trying to improve/optimize my AC setup.

Please let me know what you recommend and when your components are available.

Thank you.
          No need to change your existing hardware, just wire a relay to MSS54 X60004 pin 29 that will drive the A/C compressor + install & wire CAN board. I'm hoping the first batch will be ready in 2 weeks. I'll be providing detailed instructions for E30 and E36 applications.

Comment

BTW - the current board design has the following i/o capabilities:

Input
            -2x digital 12v for E30 A/C inputs or E36 A/C input (only one used)
            -1x digital gnd for E36 A/C input
            -1x analog for E46 A/C pressure sensor (not required but useful if running E46 PWM aux fan)

Output
            -3x digital, can be used for any combination of lights for check engine/cruise/EML/oil level warning, driving a relay for additional single speed aux fan, or ?

I can customize the firmware depending on your installation. My E36 install is using the E36 A/C inputs & E46 A/C pressure sensor plus outputs for CEL and running a SPAL puller fan (on at 210 degrees, off at 200). I can provide firmware updates via email and they can be applied to the board by connecting via USB.

Comment

Wow! Looking forward to one!

Comment

For anyone interested - I'll also flash your MSS54 for to make it work with your swap. $100, return shipping via USPS Priority Mail is included. I can also do it remotely if you have a vagcom or k/dcan cable. I don't do any tuning, just swap flashing.

Mine is running perfectly in an E36 and the E30 isn't much different. Each flash is customized depending on what equipment you want to keep in place - anything from retaining all emissions components to a fully stripped track car.

Comment

In like Flynn. Ready to order when you're ready...
                  1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
                  1985 535is Zinno on Black
                  1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
                  1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
                  1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

For anyone interested - I'll also flash your MSS54 for to make it work with your swap. $100, return shipping via USPS Priority Mail is included. I can also do it remotely if you have a vagcom or k/dcan cable. I don't do any tuning, just swap flashing.

Mine is running perfectly in an E36 and the E30 isn't much different. Each flash is customized depending on what equipment you want to keep in place - anything from retaining all emissions components to a fully stripped track car.

That is a steal of a deal.

I'm ready to buy one of your modules whenever they are ready.
                    Ac signal and cel plus maybe the oil level sensor as well.

Comment

Originally posted by iliad View Post
                      That is a steal of a deal.

I'm ready to buy one of your modules whenever they are ready.
                      Ac signal and cel plus maybe the oil level sensor as well.
                      To clarify - swap flash is $100, CAN module will be $250. I hope to be shipping them next week.
                      Last edited by gpeterson; 03-08-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Woot, totally acceptable!

Comment

To clarify - swap flash is $100, CAN module will be $250. I hope to be shipping them next week.

Yes I'm talking about the flash.

250 for the module sounds acceptable.
                          Let me know when it's ready to ship, I'm ready to buy.

Will it come with wiring instructions?

Comment

Im in when you are ready as well!
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Looks like I'm on track to ship 3 of them next week. I'll be writing up detailed installation instructions.

Comment

The first batch of PCBs arrived today and other components should be here tomorrow. I'll get them assembled and start testing soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X