Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xat1cZ
    replied
    The M3's stock electric fan is sufficient for me.

Leave a comment:

• ja burna
    replied
    I had the same problem.. I ended up having a custom radiator built and a getting a larger electric fan.. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• Sharino
    replied
    Car is still overheating around the city. Any ideas? I have power bled it a few times using an AirLift bleeder. Its fine on the highway. I added a 12" electric puller fan, should I need more than that? its creeps up in temperature until it hits the red. Really stumped again, want to enjoy the car for the few months we have left before snow!

Leave a comment:

• Sharino
    replied
    One other question for you guys with completed swap. Since I used 20mm spacers for the front subframe, the rack sits lower. Now the steering u-joint (not sure if proper name) will not slide all the way onto the splines of the rack. There is a locking/pinch bolt there but makes me kinda nervous its not completely on. What did you guys do? I am running a stock rack btw.

Leave a comment:

• ja burna
    replied
    I don't have any comparison between the 36 and 38 cam gears. The motor was built with them already installed. I bought them new when I lived in Germany.

Leave a comment:

• fronton
    replied
    my current thread about it: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34...r-upgrade.html

B38 cam gears are hard to get but Blunt was able to track them down for me. $225 for intake and exhaust, took a a few weeks to get from Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Sharino
    replied
    Originally posted by fronton View Post
    Did changing the b38 cam gears alone make a noticeable difference to you from b36?
    Interested in this also.

Hard to find the cam gears or just get them new? Any other parts required?

Just wondering how this will run with a Dinan or MarkD chip tune? Any links on the upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• fronton
    replied
    Originally posted by ja burna View Post
    I have b38 cam gears in mine as well as well a B38 crank so its going to be interesting to see what numbers I get
    Did changing the b38 cam gears alone make a noticeable difference to you from b36?

Leave a comment:

• ja burna
    replied
    I have b38 cam gears in mine as well as well a B38 crank so its going to be interesting to see what numbers I get

Leave a comment:

• fronton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharino View Post
    The power is great but I wish it had a bit more low end. I have been driving a E39 M5 all summer and getting use to the torque! I still need to install a Dinan chip I have, hopefully that helps a bit. (not that its slow by any means)

I will get some pictures up.
    Ha, 260ft/lb not enough in your e30 eh? I hear you though, the power at 4000 rpm is so strong that it makes the torque at below 4k feel almost lethargic. I am currently swapping to b38 cam gears to increase low end torque and bring it earlier in the rev band as well.

Leave a comment:

• ja burna
    replied
    I am in the process of using megasquirt on my S38, had a couple of gremlins in the harness that still needs to be sorted. But I can't wait to get it finished!

Leave a comment:

• Sharino
    replied
    Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
    Liking the s38 power? I like to see pics on s38 swap roll call when you are done.
    The power is great but I wish it had a bit more low end. I have been driving a E39 M5 all summer and getting use to the torque! I still need to install a Dinan chip I have, hopefully that helps a bit. (not that its slow by any means)

I will get some pictures up.

Leave a comment:

• Sharino
    replied
    I used the S38 one but I am going to build a Megasquirt one next.

Leave a comment:

• ja burna
    replied
    What wiring harness did you guess all use? The m20 or S38?

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Liking the s38 power? I like to see pics on s38 swap roll call when you are done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X