Help R3V knock some sense into my either way!

I have a E30 S38 project going on for a few years now on the back burner. Having too many cars and projects, this never go the attention it needs. This last year I have built a high HP VRT Corrado, swapped engines in my E39 M5 (stock), done tons of resto/suspension work on my E34 M5, few engine swaps for friends, etc. This leaves my E30 never getting completed due to time.

I got the S38 in the car currently, the electrical done, can start it up but still need to finish a complete cooling system, build a driveshaft, deal with hood closing issues (have a 20mm subframe spacer) and deal with brakes.

To be honest, at this point I just want to pull the engine out, drop a S52 in there and be done with it, whatever gets me driving the car quickly, I have done a S52 swap in a E30 in a weekend before. I bought ground controls almost 2 years ago already, they are installed but the car has never moved! All new parts for a 5 lug E36 swap, E36 M3 brakes, etc, sitting there wasted.

I have a friend that wants my S38 for his E24, so I am sure selling it and buying an S52 would not cost me anything.

Am I nuts for wanted to get rid of the S38 and go to a S52? Only other option is S54 which is another layer of complexity I do not have the time/ambition to deal with. I am currently looking for a euro S50 which I think would be my ultimate answer at this point.

Thoughts?