Ireland Engineering tie rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland Engineering tie rods

I have an NIB Ocap tie rod assembly. Are these any good, specifically the inner ball joint? Or should I bit the bullet and get OEM? The stickers on the box are a bit confusing, label says “316 - M3” but the right part number for the IX is on there too. Thanks all! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 325ix Alpinweiss sedan. Auto to manual conversion. Mostly stock.

not much available, from the aftermarket world, for those cars. i've used them with alright results. obviously, they won't last as long as an OE unit, but they are significantly less in price - the choice is yours.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I haven't run them yet, but I had a set that I ended up selling - they seemed just fine to me. After I sold them, I sort of regretted it, so I bought another set to hang onto.

How would we know if they last less than OE? The materials/construction seem to be about the same. and you could probably get 3-4 sets for the price of OE.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks e30austin and guru Nando. Guess I’ll throw it in and see how long it lasts. Tho, given my 2k/ year mileage, it’ll take a long time to find out if they are crap or not lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Updated the title. I found that Ireland Engineering sells a set of IX specific tie rods!! Anyone run these?? https://www.iemotorsport.com/product...bly-e30-325ix/

Comment

Never mind. I emailed them and they said they are made by Ocap lol

Comment

Working...
            X