Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone willing to lend me theirs with a deposit?

Maybe I'm too OCD, but I'd like to have a photo of all the different sets of axles together. I can mark it up with dimensions as well. Another thing I'd like to get is a list of the spline diameters and sizes from the axle shafts themselves and the outer CV joints.

Comment

I have 5 E34 front axles and two more on the way ;) And i paid like $3-400 for all 7 together :D They are in diffrent condition though...
      I could lend you but the shipping might fuck it up :S

Small update, ZF gearbox now mounted to the engine! Without TC for now, might need to make clearence in two places in trans tunnel :P Like if there wasnt enough to do already....
      E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
      E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
      E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
        I have 5 E34 front axles and two more on the way ;) And i paid like $3-400 for all 7 together :D They are in diffrent condition though...
        I could lend you but the shipping might fuck it up :S

Small update, ZF gearbox now mounted to the engine! Without TC for now, might need to make clearence in two places in trans tunnel :P Like if there wasnt enough to do already....

Awesome!!!!! If you dont mind me asking, how are you going to actuate the coupling in the e34 transfer case?
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          Awesome!!!!! If you dont mind me asking, how are you going to actuate the coupling in the e34 transfer case?
          Im going to control it with my ECU, Autronic SM4 :)
          E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
            Is anyone willing to lend me theirs with a deposit?

Maybe I'm too OCD, but I'd like to have a photo of all the different sets of axles together. I can mark it up with dimensions as well. Another thing I'd like to get is a list of the spline diameters and sizes from the axle shafts themselves and the outer CV joints.
            I sure dont want you to think I wont work with you. Im still happy to take pics and any measurements you could need.

Other than chris and I, I cant think of anyone else here in the u.s. with a set.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

pretty sure I already took pics of E34 axles next to E30 axles. I don't have any E46 axles though.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Can check with a friend about E46 axles, if hes got spares i can take pics of all tree.
                E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Had to take one of the E34 TCs apart to see what it looks like inside :)
                  Any similarities to the E30 TC?
                  Going to disassemble the clutch unit tomorrow!

E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

yeah, it's really similar. the chain is wider (it can hold more torque, but according to borg warner the E30 chain is more than strong enough), and of course it has the electronic lock instead of a VC, but otherwise it's the same idea.

post up lots of pics! I don't think I've seen more than 1-2 E34 t-case pics online, ever.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nisse, are you going to modify the planet carrier to carry 6+ pinions instead of just 3? ;)

Comment

why? is it necessary even slightly?
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

We'll know when he breaks one ;-)

Comment

the 700hp E30 ix drag racer hasn't broken one. I think he'll be OK. ;)
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

;)
                              Originally posted by Andy.B
                              Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                              1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                yeah, it's really similar. the chain is wider (it can hold more torque, but according to borg warner the E30 chain is more than strong enough), and of course it has the electronic lock instead of a VC, but otherwise it's the same idea.

post up lots of pics! I don't think I've seen more than 1-2 E34 t-case pics online, ever.
                                Any specific pics or just pics of everything? :)
                                Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                                Nisse, are you going to modify the planet carrier to carry 6+ pinions instead of just 3? ;)
                                Not in the beginning atleast, if it breaks then i have to :P
                                Originally posted by nando View Post
                                the 700hp E30 ix drag racer hasn't broken one. I think he'll be OK. ;)
                                Yeah i hope so! I will start with a ~350hp M50B20 and then when everything is sorted out throw in my built 764whp M50B28 :D Hopefully boost by gear will help the durability.
                                E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Working...
                                X