X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Really cool man, looking forward to see where this goes!!

Leave a comment:

• King Mufasa
    replied
    What did you use to clean those parts? Looks very clean!

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    no.. none. not even one hole. also, the N52 block is a little deeper, by about 1/2". I put the E34 pan on it for the heck of it. So even that wouldn't fit.

but yeah, that's the idea. Need to find a fabricator who can work some magic, as there are some issues. Need to find a front diff first so I can have a full mock up.

Here's the rest of the pics I took yesterday. E30 pan placed approximately in line with the driveshaft (it's at the wrong angle, obviously):

here's the E70 pan. The rear bolt mounting bosses for the pan interfere with the driveshaft and where the flex disc would go. obviously, on the later cars the diff is further to the drivers side, while the E30 is much closer to the center. So much of this rear area will need cut apart. Fortunately I think I can still bolt it down, there's a second flange where it actually seals that could be used. the driveshaft also touches the rear of the sump, it's actually pushed a bit further into the transfercase than it would normally be:

Last edited by nando; 04-11-2015, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Or do...? :p that would be fun.

Do any of the bolt holes line up? Going to get an E70 X5 oil pan to hack up and weld in the E30 diff mount?

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I'm pretty sure it's magnesium. I scuffed a corner of it and it looked a lot different from fresh aluminum.

don't catch it on fire, huh? :p

Leave a comment:

Working...
X