Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iX Specific Parts (and a few others) Going Up For Sale

Hello iX friends,

I have been around here sporadically for a number of years and, for better or worse, it is nearing time for me and the iX to part ways along with all the parts I have acquired. Will absolutely post officially in 'For Sale' Thread, detailed pictures and prices available at that time, will keep this corner of the forum in the loop on when that happens. This one is so you can get your financing in line and poke that hole in your wallet! .. :up:

Here is a parts preview rundown (my actual car will follow):

PARTS: iX parts car: 170,000 mile 1990 auto-slush box coupe - clean NYS title... NO VC (sold) All things here are AS IS: Car came from an active forum member originally
    - iX axles - appear in solid condition, no wobble
    - standard rear axles - sure if you want 'em
    - iX front strut mounts - solid condition
    - entire front clip?? - pretty clean, did I hear rwd to awd conversion? who likes chopping and welding!
    - coupe doors, 0 rust - not original from this car
    - clean rear windshield - original
    - late style plastic bumpers, black - 1 crack in rear trim only...
    - front and rear 3.91 diffs ...?? weird
    - SOLD: entire iX engine sitting on a stand as is (stand not included), fluids drained - turned over but no start due to rotten fuel lines
    - iX front subframe
    - iX brake booster
    - iX front drive shaft - splines pretty good looking
    - misc. coupe parts including rear windows
    - SOLD: e30 armrest and cup holders (Husco I believe is the mfg?) - the dope dope right here
    - etc. probably a thing or two I am forgetting - the rest of the interior is trashed, don't even ask... nearly everything listed is already pulled

PM me if you seriously want any of this with no other info (hahah yeah, right) and I will do all I can to get what you need. Official For Sale posting will get going this weekend, probably in stages while I clean up parts and make them presentable and actually in sale condition, instead of in a semi-organized pile in the corner... Location: Syracuse, NY

cheers :drink: - tk
    Last edited by tk32; 07-13-2019, 09:51 AM. Reason: parts sold
    Current State: '88 iX
    Two Doors, Three Pedals

Interested in pics of the engine. I want pics of the outside, the bottom, and inside the valve cover.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Axles

how much for both front axles and by any chance do you have any control arms?

Comment

Hi thanks for your interest. Engine pics will go up today, I did not get inside the valve cover but that is easy and I will do it as soon as I am able. My schedule is off the chain right now, attempting to manage it all without losing my sh*t...

I do have control arms. Didn't get photos of everything. My weekend plans went awry, see above... What I've got ready thus far coming to a For Sale thread near you... tonight :drink:

Thanks for your patience

tk
        Last edited by tk32; 06-24-2019, 09:04 AM. Reason: answered another question
        Two Doors, Three Pedals

Comment

An image of the parts car from November for those skeptics out there :pimp: (PO primed it... it was a well intentioned start to a respray some time ago?) original color believed to be black. Clearly it can be seen that the doors are red from another car at the side mirror mounts

Two Doors, Three Pedals

Comment

FS Thread posted, I will be conducting all remaining transactions over here:

Thanks for your interest

tk
            Two Doors, Three Pedals

Comment

Originally posted by tk32 View Post
              An image of the parts car from November for those skeptics out there :pimp: (PO primed it... it was a well intentioned start to a respray some time ago?) original color believed to be black. Clearly it can be seen that the doors are red from another car at the side mirror mounts

Hey, that's my old car! I painted that with a roller! Yes, the guy I got it from put those doors on. Engine does run and is strong. I drove it around the yard and on a trail at my old house.
              FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
              Saab/GM tech2 programming
              My for sale thread
              1990 325iX for sale or part out
              Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
              And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Originally posted by barbierij View Post
                Hey, that's my old car! I painted that with a roller! Yes, the guy I got it from put those doors on. Engine does run and is strong. I drove it around the yard and on a trail at my old house.
                Thanks barbierij! Engine SOLD.

A weird thing occurred: I assumed 4.10 as it was certainly an auto trans car, and that is what I have read about. When I finally got to yanking the front diff off the engine the tag reads 3.91?? Unfortunately the rear is essentially unreadable due to surface rust on the tag... who the F thought the tag was a good idea? Come on BMW

Any thoughts from the iX expert crew?
                Last edited by tk32; 07-13-2019, 09:52 AM.
                Two Doors, Three Pedals

Comment

You can easily tell if it's a 3.91 or a 4.10. Mark output shaft. Turn the input shaft 4 times. Did it go more or less than 4? If it's slightly less, 3.91, slightly more 4.10.

I got the engine installed. Had to do it on jack stands with a engine hoist because the vanagon is still sitting on the lift. :( The engine starts up really nicely. Idles high and revs a little rough when warm though. Almost like it's missing, I think the valves need to be adjusted. I will get to that this week. Or maybe a vacuum leak.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                  X