Possible inner ball joint source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible inner ball joint source

I've contacted them, haven't heard back yet. But these look like IX inners right?

$9.99? Are they made of plastic? :(

Quality is likely questionable - but the Q&A says they will send out samples?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

They're probably crap but I'm going to see if I can get my hands on one. If anything they might be able to get some people buy until better ones become available...

Comment

For $10/piece I'd buy 10. That's cheap enough to risk it even if you just need 2.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

So, just an update--after going round and round with the source on Alibaba they readied a sample for me. They sent a picture of a RWD ball joint. So I asked if they had any of the ball joints pictured in the listing (clearly an IX balljoint) and they replied that they did not.

I am going to start looking into a custom solution because I am in need of 4. Between both of my ix's they are all starting to make noise...

Comment

s the lenght the same on both? Is it just the cone that is different?
            Would it be possible to make an adaptor piece/cone ?
            1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
            1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

They are completely different. Length, size and shape.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Eskie View Post
                So, just an update--after going round and round with the source on Alibaba they readied a sample for me. They sent a picture of a RWD ball joint. So I asked if they had any of the ball joints pictured in the listing (clearly an IX balljoint) and they replied that they did not.

I am going to start looking into a custom solution because I am in need of 4. Between both of my ix's they are all starting to make noise...
                I wonder if it's possible to ship them one so they can replicate it.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Anyone have one to ship them? I don’t have any except the ones on my cars. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know it's a ton more money, but do the OE wishbone/lower control arms come with rubber bits (31121701059/31121701060).

And apologies for a stupid question, but what is the other rubber bit there? (inner ball joint? It's much taller and has a boot similar to the axle boots)
                    1985 E30 S52 - Daily Driver
                    1986 M635Csi - For the best days

Comment

Working...
                    X