X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slybeanx
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    That looks much better I’ll be selling my thule set then.

Leave a comment:

• 325isman
    replied
    I'm using a Yakima rook rack and it's not bending the gutter drip rail. This not a good picture but the Yakima rack works.

Leave a comment:

• DrJosh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    I use yakima gutter towers. Looks like they have a similar gutter clamp but dont deform the weatherstrip nearly as much as that,.
    Have any pics? I’d be interested in selling these if it gets me closer to what I wanted and could run them 24/7 without having to worry about rain

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Nothing useful you can do about that beyond removing the racks when not in use. It's not as if you are using them every day anyway, right?
    I think I may just do that, I was going to run them 24/7 but this bothers me too much.

Leave a comment:

• DrJosh
    replied
    I use yakima gutter towers. Looks like they have a similar gutter clamp but dont deform the weatherstrip nearly as much as that,.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Nothing useful you can do about that beyond removing the racks when not in use. It's not as if you are using them every day anyway, right?

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Slybeanx
    started a topic Roof racks

Roof racks

Installed my Thule roof rack and its bending the weatherstripping pretty badly. Attached a pic. This is my first roof rack so I just wanted to know if this is normal and if/ what I should do to minimize the wear on the weather stripping.
    Any help appreciated.
    Attached Files
Working...
X