Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IL DUCE

just found this on strictlyeta.net

i think i like it alot, just not the sideskirts. or wing.
    that's a factory M3 wing.. note the c-pillar conversion.

actually, i think it looks worse with the c-pillar conversion, just like the wide body looks bad without it. the bumpers by themselves, however, look great.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
      here's the M3 rear bumper on a facelift car:

the bumper looks good, but the wheels/fender-gap and huge wing ruin it.. so imagine it without those things :)
      I think the profile shot helps a lot. Look at how far the bumper seems to extend out from the front fender, even though it has been molded to fit the car.

Comment

yeah.. one reason I was thinking of that on my car was because the ix sides would fill that out a bit so it wouldn't stick out. and I do think it would look a lot better if those wheels/tires weren't so rediculous.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
          Originally posted by IL DUCE

just found this on strictlyeta.net

i think i like it alot, just not the sideskirts. or wing.
          that's a factory M3 wing.. note the c-pillar conversion.

actually, i think it looks worse with the c-pillar conversion, just like the wide body looks bad without it. the bumpers by themselves, however, look great.
          this car is featured in this Months Bimmer. Its actually a chick's daily driver, her husband restored a very nice m powered 3.0csl in the same issue. The car is pretty nice, has over 350 thousand miles on it BUT it still has an m10. Check it out though, he did a very good job on the bumpers, talks about how he worked them because his car didnt have the flared fenders. Just thought it was interesting
          Old and improved:

Comment

The silver M10 just needs an EVO III lip to complete the front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
              The silver M10 just needs an EVO III lip to complete the front end.
              yeah that makes the M10 a li'l faster

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
              1997 E36 328iT
              1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
              1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

thats cool
                I've never seen a C-pillar conversion.
                BattleWagon|1996 GT Vertigo

Comment

Originally posted by Chapel
                  thats cool
                  I've never seen a C-pillar conversion.
                  They are actually really common. Here is a picture of a more extreme C-pillar conversion.

Unfortunately C-pillar conversions don't last very long. Eventually they turn into B-flies which to the uneducated seem like completely different conversions. But in reality we wouldn't have B-flies without the lowly C-pillar conversion. Here is an example of a post C-pillar converted to B-fly:

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=butterfly/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=11lpc6e7r/*-http%3A//www.hoganphoto.com/Butterfly_daisey_b.jpg[/img]

The automotive world is such an exciting and mysterious place.

Comment

thats some funny sh*t!!!!!!!! just use some 6" wood screws to pull it into the fender!

Comment

Working...
                    X