Headlight trim ring silver color code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight trim ring silver color code?

I'm planing to repaint my ugly trim rings and I want to match the genuine color. Does anyone know the color code for the silver trim rings?

PM "japandrew"

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

silver?

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Silver isn't silver here. I tried some silver paint I had in the garage and it looked not even nearly the same.

Comment

i thought these came chrome stock? i always used the "duplicolor 'bumper chrome'" paint when refinishing these. not that it comes out CHROME...but its a very bright and glossy silver IMO. it's chrome-like. but looks similar to bmws matte-chrome stuff on the newer cars. its a great option....yes ive been drinking..

edit: i paint mine black on my vert but on other cars, going for an oem look, i used the "chrome" paint
          Last edited by jw 325ic; 09-11-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Ok thank you. The euro trim rings came silver and not chrome. If anyone has an idea please let me know. I want them look OEM this times. ;)

Comment

you could go to the dealer and ask those guys...or just call them so you dont have to wait days for responses on here?

they came in silver over there? my e28 had perfect chrome rings, as does my dads e34. e34 has ellips, e28 sealed. my ellips on my vert looked like they had a faded silver though, painted them black. i would guess titanium silver or something bright like that. let me know, im getting interested...

Comment

E28 and E34 trim rings are chrome here too. But E30 has silver painted.

Comment

If I remember correctly, mine were not painted silver, they were just the bare metal color.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

haha because most of em the paint wore off or faded so bad it looked bare. good to know on the silver paint. keep us updated when you get the facts. no luck at the dealer Fast325i?

Comment

Working...
                    X