No announcement yet.

BMW e30 325i convertible 3m 1080 matte dark gray/ brushed steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely forgot about this thread even though I had posted in it. I have been trying to decide what to wrap my car with and came across it again. Any updates of the final product?
    sigpic

Comment

did you weigh all the wrap you used? i've always really really wondered how many pounds a full wrap adds to your car.
      sigpic
      @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
      Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Nice! :D:thumbup:
        N.

Sent Using One Of My 5 iPads.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
        It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
        you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

did you weigh all the wrap you used? i've always really really wondered how many pounds a full wrap adds to your car.
          I figured up that I am going to need about 10 yards of 60" material to wrap my coupe. Shipping weight for a 5yd x 60" roll is 4.6lbs. So two rolls of that will be 9.2lbs. Subtract the cardboard tube in the middle and all the waste and I'd estimate you are adding about 8lbs to the car.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
            I figured up that I am going to need about 10 yards of 60" material to wrap my coupe. Shipping weight for a 5yd x 60" roll is 4.6lbs. So two rolls of that will be 9.2lbs. Subtract the cardboard tube in the middle and all the waste and I'd estimate you are adding about 8lbs to the car.
            oh wow that's less than what I thought. nice. I still wonder how much plastidip adds though. layer after layer of rubber? has to be a lot.
            sigpic
            @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
            Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

In for more pics!

Comment

How much of this stuff does it take to do the car, coupe in particular.
                I was thinking about filling/sanding the dents/dings and shaving the antenna and doing mine in matte white just so I don't have to bother with jambs as I'm already Alpineweiss.
                '91 318is, S50 swap, Bilsteing/H&R race, Recaro SRD, etc.

Comment

15 yrds. 5 to waste
                  sigpic

Comment

update:

thanks guys for all the comments! so i haven't been on the car for a while, too cold, not good lighting, got a day job so don't feel like hittin it hard on the weekdays after 6pm....

so i got the front splitter done, the trunk jams, both sides of the car, and started on the door jams. pics will be up soon! sorry for the long delay on the pics guys...

as for materials, i'm not sure exactly how much you need, but key would be to measure the car 1st, and them order materials. but you prob need around 45-50' of material. prob cost around $400/450'ish for the materials.

as for weight, don't worry about it, can't be more than 7-10lbs, not like your gonna scrape your car after wrapping it...

Comment

Where exactly did you order from? I'm interested in doing this for my touring. I'm assuming ever single panel needs to be a full sheet, no piecing them together? How do you get the vinyl to bend around corners for things like the corners of doors or hoods?
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Reminds me of the deloreans paint finish :)
                        Great job

Comment

Roysneon: In USA i buy from www.fellers.com, www.midwestsignsupply.com, auto vinyl solutions (AVS). iono bout international...

kmarei: thanks for the comments!

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sup sup, put in some more time on the e30 here n there. so got the lower valence area done front & back, wrapped the trunk jams, started a bit on the door jams. still lots of work to go! stay tuned! Wu! Wraps

Comment

nice work. looks like i might use this for shadowline

Comment

Keep it up! Can't wait to see this finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X