Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine White = single stage paint?

Yes.. no?

And does anyone have any detailing tips?
    Claus Luthe is my hero.

did i ask a stupid question?
    Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

I know black is single stage. Let me rephrase that...I know MY black '87 325is IS single stage.

What are you trying to do? Color sanding is an option, as is serious buffing.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

i just wanted to know how to go about detailing it. i have yet to wash is since i bought it. so this weekend is the first wash, polish, wax, etc, plus full interior detail. i just wasnt sure how to handle the paint.
        Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

it seems to me that its a one stage paint, if you use a good rotary style buffer with a foam pad and a few different cuts of polish itll shine like new (if you know what youre doing)

i bought a trunklid from a parts yard that had been clouded and was that kind of powery white look when paint sits in the sun and gets beaten on, worked it with mothers medium cut heavy cut then 3m perfect it light foam pad compound and now it shines like new.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Alpine White I is single stage, but Alpine White II is base/clear.
            :: PNW Crew ::
            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

well hot damn
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
              X