Roller paint job part II... ///M graphics *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
    Frank, you're doing a fucking amazing job, and I think it's awesome that you had the balls to attempt this job with your own car. Excellent work.
    +1 Good job!
    sigpic

Comment

I'm about to rip off your graphics by the way when i paint my car, just on the right side. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
        Frank, you're doing a fucking amazing job, and I think it's awesome that you had the balls to attempt this job with your own car. Excellent work.

Hey thanx...I know what you mean, but if it were any other color, i would not attempt it but let me tell you, my right arm is really killing me from all the wetsanding! Anyway, I don't think that the car will be completely done (paint-wise) by march!! I will keep you all posted on what I'm doing and have some writeups. From the looks of it on other forums, people have some pretty detailed writeups and i'm doing pretty much the same thing.

O 16581 72452 5,
        first of all, what does your friggin name mean!!! ha jk, secondly, if you do do it, then get some pics up immediately! that's right, i said do do.
        Recent Rebranding!!
        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
        Instagram.com/garageaholic
        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Costs $1.50 to find out, i take paypal. ;)

I'm painting the car hopefully over Christmas, i'll rattle can the graphics most likely. Not sure how i'm going to do it, including the stock spoiler will be a PITA, i'm not sure if i should remove it and do the whole corner of the trunk and place the spoiler over it ungraphiced Or just do it in the badge area under the spoiler.

Comment

If i were you, i'd do the spoiler along with the trunk. you could always route the stripes along the other corner of the trunk (the forward corner of the trunk NOT affected by the spoiler) If you want to include the spoiler, then do what i did with the spoiler off, then put the spoiler on to test fit it. Tape where the stripes would belong, remove the spoiler and paint it alone. Then re-install everything.

My 2c
            Recent Rebranding!!
            E30 SM62/S62
            E30 M60 V8
            E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by M3fan4eva View Post
              If i were you, i'd do the spoiler along with the trunk. you could always route the stripes along the other corner of the trunk (the forward corner of the trunk NOT affected by the spoiler) If you want to include the spoiler, then do what i did with the spoiler off, then put the spoiler on to test fit it. Tape where the stripes would belong, remove the spoiler and paint it alone. Then re-install everything.

My 2c
              Yeah, we'll see when the time comes, it'd look a little weird in one of those corners IMO.

Comment

Damn.

Thats a roller paintjob.
                Reminiscing...

Comment

^^STFU!! Really??
                  Slicktop City!

Comment

Dang, looks pretty nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
                      ^^STFU!! Really??
                      Yeah dude, check it here:

Post #14 on this thread, I just hotlinked the pictures:

He used some other techniques to make it even better, amazing stuff.
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

Now that's impressive.
                        That paint will also hold up better than car paint as well.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by td325ic View Post
                          You guys interested in doing a roller paint job might want to check out part 2 of the original moparts thread:

Paint job on a budget Part 2: Aussie Driver's black miata

Seems the paint getting the best results is Interlux "Brightside" boat paint. Rolls out with a very high gloss and is not necessary to thin with mineral spirits, though a little thinning will help it level better.

For Pictures check out these posts by: Aussie Driver, Exit1965, MontanaMan, and Marq

They are starting to get some pretty impressive results, I may try this on my truck.
                          Yes, check out those links there man, thats how to get a real polish to it...
                          Reminiscing...

Comment

Yeah, that's hardcore. That's alot of sanding!!
                            Recent Rebranding!!
                            E30 SM62/S62
                            E30 M60 V8
                            E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by M3fan4eva View Post
                              Yeah, that's hardcore. That's alot of sanding!!
                              The guys on the moparts forum are using the marine paint called "Brightside" by Interlux. This is WITHOUT any wetsanding yet. Comes out with a much better initial gloss then rustoleum and requires fewer coats.

Here are pics from Exit1965 on moparts, I believe this is only 1 or 2 coats and no sanding yet.

Take a look at Exit1965's posts, and the other posts I mentioned above. I think you should definitely give the Brightside marine paint a try on your future roller projects.

Comment

another impressive pic from aussie driver using Brightside marine paint. After wetsand and polish:

Those of you wondering about colors...here's the colors available for Interlux's Brightside:

Last edited by td325ic; 12-24-2006, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X