No announcement yet.

Roller paint job part II... ///M graphics *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allright, so where do you get this stuff?
    I imagine at some Marine store. We have plenty of those down here, as we're a half hour from the coast...
    Otherwise, the same rules apply for this paint and the rustoleum?
    Slicktop City!

Comment

Brightside says you need a primer and will not work below the water line....in other words, it's not as durable.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
        Allright, so where do you get this stuff?
        I imagine at some Marine store. We have plenty of those down here, as we're a half hour from the coast...
        Otherwise, the same rules apply for this paint and the rustoleum?
        You can get online. Do a search for it, I know some guys purchased it off a seller on ebay.

West Marine carries it also and they have alot of retail stores.

There are some techniques to applying it, so you should definitely read part2 of the moparts thread and do what they recommend.

Basically the gist, is that you paint it straight from the can or thin it slightly preferably with Interlux '333 Brushing liquid' or mineral spirits. After you do a coat wait 5 - 10 min, then use a foam tipped brush and do light strokes to pop any bubbles and help level the surface.

Originally posted by joshh View Post
        Brightside says you need a primer and will not work below the water line....in other words, it's not as durable.
        I'm sure it's recommended to use a primer with brightside, but I believe a number of guys on moparts are getting good results without one.

"Marq" on moparts did a lot of research on it and is the main guy that first started using the brightside paint on moparts. Anyway, it's been holding up really well for him, has been durable and he believes it'll last for some time to come. How it compares to a rustoleum roller job for longevity is not really known yet, but it should hold up well.

Here are some posts of his worth reading regarding durability:

June 29
        July 17
        Aug 6
        Aug 24
        Sep 13
        Oct 1
        Oct 5
        Oct 6
        Nov 6
        Nov 13
        Dec 24
        Last edited by td325ic; 12-24-2006, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X