Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who, if anybody, has put Lambo doors (gullwings) on e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who, if anybody, has put Lambo doors (gullwings) on e30?

As some may know (previous post) I'm looking to get my e30 (87' Henna M3) painted real soon, and have had some radical body ideas that could be completed before a repaint. One is the whole notion of a Lambo doors, but I have yet to see a e30 with a similar conversion. While I agree its pretty nuts (retail seems to be 1-2K) I just wanted to see what it would look like and if people felt it was worth the money. I really want to be different but this may just be too nuts, after all its a M3 and not a Countach. Feel free to speak your mind (as u all have a rep for that anyway!) and I'd love to see one or two pics of converted e30's. Also if someone knows of kits for less than 1K let me know.

Tausend dank,
    Chris.

You're wanting...to do this on...an M3?

Comment

Don't do it man. Think of the long term, use that 1k to get a nice set of wheels and rubber and some accessories that will make you happy. In the end you will regret lambo doors.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Nobody has them cause gullwings are GAY!!!!

If ya wanna be different get a civic and put gullwings on it.. and paint it 9999 tones, and a large wing, altezzas..... etc wait then you still wouldnt be different.. oh i give up

Comment

dude i think they look hawt. you should totally do it.

:up: :up: :up:
          My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

I saw a gullwing e30 not too long ago.

Sold it.

Comment

I'd do it, I think it's kinda neat. Especially on an M3

Comment

Get a japanese import and waste your money on that, don't ruin an M3 like that.
                '91 E30 M42 DIAMANTSCHWARZ

Comment

dont listen to these guys. it will be money well spent. the m3 will look awesome too.

:up: :up: :up:
                  My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

I'm still pretty skeptical, hopefully there will be some pics around here. I agree some better wheels would be nice (I've got momo's now) but this is one of those things that needs to be done before a repaint (now or never). I'm more concenered that if I were to do it my suspention would need to wait another year. I'd do it I think but all prices I have heard are way to high, 1-2K for 5-6 machined pieces and a air/gas shock ! There are no kits on ebay either :( .

Seems opinion is pretty split! I expected to get torn to pieces...

Comment

If you do anything like that get a 4 door e30 and make the back doors suicide doors, please no lambo or gullwings on an e30.

Comment

Nobody has them cause gullwings are GAY!!!!
                        Just because they're gay doesnt mean people dont have them, thats like saying nobody owns a CRX.

Your about to get your ass reemed just for asking for pictures, believe me I know :oops: .

edit:
                        Seems opinion is pretty split! I expected to get torn to pieces...
                        They're all yankin your chain.

Comment

Originally posted by MontrealM3
                          I expected to get torn to pieces...

Comment

I love the diverse opinions from people who you would least expect to say it. Me, hell, I say go for it. If people are giving you a hard time for putting Lambo doors on an E30 M3, then they should think about all the ones that get trashed and parked in peoples backyards for years and completely forgotten about. Those are the people who need to be punished, not the guy who treats it as it should be and cares for it. I'm preaching, I'm done. :roll: 8)
                            Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessE30
                              I love the diverse opinions from people who you would least expect to say it. Me, hell, I say go for it. If people are giving you a hard time for putting Lambo doors on an E30 M3, then they should think about all the ones that get trashed and parked in peoples backyards for years and completely forgotten about. Those are the people who need to be punished, not the guy who treats it as it should be and cares for it. I'm preaching, I'm done. :roll: 8)
                              I dont see what putting lambo doors on an E30 has in relevance to a vehicle sitting in the backyard. :shock:

Comment

Working...
                              X