X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acolella76
    replied
    I did pretty much what stephen said. Only drilled one hole and held up the rest of the skirt with the clips and double sided tape. Hasn't even budged.

Leave a comment:

• bernzpeed
    replied
    Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
    Bernz,

Alternatively what you can do is secure the clips that are to clip against the rocker onto the skirts. Dab the POINTED TIPS of the clips with some paint and try to pre-fit/mount them on the rockers. It should leave a mark on which spots to drill. Thats how Ryan G did my skirts.

Be careful when drilling, behind the rockers are some electrical wiring that you don't want your drill bit to go through

And wen u eff up. Fill with jb weld and redrill. Make sure that before you install plastic grommets that go into those holes (which in turn the clips' heads snap into), you coat the neck with some sort of sealant to prevent rust around the cavity area it's going to be inserted into
    Wow, that's a great idea. I'm surprised I didn't think of that. lol. That's what I would do with sheet rock and door locks.

I already was thinking of sealing it with a bead of silicone sealant so water can't get through. Although, after drilling I could spray it with a little primer as well to protect the metal parts.

Thanks a bunch for the tip. I'm gonna try to work on it tonight. Will post photos.

Have a great weekend guys and dolls!

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    as I just said, after drilling the holes, you should coat the grommet that is to be inserted into them with some sort of sealant, blocker, or primer.

Leave a comment:

• Heyitzsushiboi
    replied
    I too am interested in sideskirt help! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• nomansland92
    replied
    ^ very import, seal it very well to prevent rust. Maybe a good idea to repaint everything that will be cover to also help prevent rust if you don't plan on taking them back off

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    And wen u eff up. Fill with jb weld and redrill. Make sure that before you install plastic grommets that go into those holes (which in turn the clips' heads snap into), you coat the neck with some sort of sealant to prevent rust around the cavity area it's going to be inserted into

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge
    Last edited by bmwstephen; 09-28-2011, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    Bernz,

Alternatively what you can do is secure the clips that are to clip against the rocker onto the skirts. Dab the POINTED TIPS of the clips with some paint and try to pre-fit/mount them on the rockers. It should leave a mark on which spots to drill. Thats how Ryan G did my skirts.

Be careful when drilling, behind the rockers are some electrical wiring that you don't want your drill bit to go through

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge

Leave a comment:

• White325is
    replied
    I also have the side skirts. I just used double sided tape and three screws on the bottom. zero issues and they wont ever go any place.
    also for sale. :)

Leave a comment:

• azael325i
    replied
    I also have the skirts and haven't install them. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• bernzpeed
    replied
    Originally posted by ak- View Post
    The pressure. I can feel it.

I'll see what I can do when I have access to my car.
    yoh da man!

Leave a comment:

• Garageaholic
    replied
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    The pressure. I can feel it.

I'll see what I can do when I have access to my car.

Leave a comment:

• Garageaholic
    replied
    I have some too and haven't installed yet. I was going to quintuple check my dimensions before drilling anything.

Of course, a template would greatly assist me in my efforts. Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• bernzpeed
    replied
    Originally posted by ak- View Post
    My car luckily came with IS skirts and have the holes pre-drilled. I'm selling the skirts, so maybe I'll make an outline of them for r3v asshat's to use soon

<3

If drilling ain't your thing, you can use the factory clips at the bottom, which hold pretty well, and thin double sided tape for the top.
    I want to drill. It's more sturdy that way. I would appreciate it if you could make a template for me. Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    My car luckily came with IS skirts and have the holes pre-drilled. I'm selling the skirts, so maybe I'll make an outline of them for r3v asshat's to use soon

<3

If drilling ain't your thing, you can use the factory clips at the bottom, which hold pretty well, and thin double sided tape for the top.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X