How-To Make Your Own Waterless Wash/Quick Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How-To Make Your Own Waterless Wash/Quick Detailer

So I had a situation where my car wasn't really dirty enough, and I didn't have time to do a full wash and wax the way I like to do it. So I decided to make my own waterless wash solution/quick detailer with the Meguiar's products I use. This recipe was trial and error and I tried it with no errors so I decided to share.

What you need/Directions:

1. Spray Bottle (24 oz.) with a variable twist nozzle that goes from mist to stream. You can use a larger bottle but these directions are for a 24 oz. bottle. I got my bottle from OSH in the gardening section.

2. Add 1 teaspoon of Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax

3. Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Wax (Shake well)

4. Slowly add some water until the bottle is 1/4 full, you DON"T want suds (If you want to go an extra step you could use distilled water)

5. Swirl it around until the liquid wax breaks down (about a minute)

6. Slowly add water to the 24oz mark.

7. Close up the bottle and shake well before using (it should not sud)

* Prime the sprayer the first time and test the mist amount before trying to spray the car.

Tips for using any waterless wash/quick detailer.

1. Dust the car off first. If your car is more than a dusting and a few bird droppings away from clean, you just need to go ahead and wash it. Or have a lot of towels ready.

2. Mist on the solution and wipe down with one towel.

3. Use another towel or a clean and dry section of the same towel to dry/polish.

4. Admire your clean car :pimp:

Other tips/corrections/recipe tweaks welcome

For my next batch I may try 1:1:24 or 1:2:24 all in ounces. UWW:LW:W If anyone tries this ratio let us know how it works.
    Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
    LED Bulb Thread
    R6 LED Review
Working...
X