Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditching The Center Console?

Hey guys,

I've been thinking up ways recently to bring some spice back to driving my e30. There have always been two major sources of e30 inspiration around here - Ben's apline white s50 e30 & carreraboy's DTM e30m3. Both run modified/removed center consoles. And I started thinking about it... and I dont really like the center console functionality on these cars. I mean, it looks nice and I like the feel, but I rarely rely on it to organize or store things for me. So why not remove it? Could be cool.

Anyone else done this? Maybe got some other pics?

love the jaffster knob

Comment

Looks awesome, but kind of odd on a DD.

The bar under the steering wheel makes me uneasy

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I like what Bob did with the interior in his old car. I will probably do something very similar with my M3 in the next few months.

Comment

I dont run the back portion of the console in my car, and recently Ive been thinking about ditching the front as well. I find that it becomes a "junk catch all." Go for it, I don't need to tell you that it can always be put back in, besides, Im sure it gives you at least 10HP due to the new "race car" feel ;).
          '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Here's a photoshop of what JamesE30 was thinking about doing to his car. I think it gives a clean look to the int.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

that shop looks super clean

Comment

Originally posted by FKNFASTM5 View Post
                that shop looks super clean
                I concur

Comment

Steering wheel is hot.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkerd View Post
                    Steering wheel is hot.
                    Nardis are the shit, I LOVE mine.

Comment

I love Ben's car, haven't seen pictures of it in ages.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Pino View Post

I love this picture SO much.

Comment

Never thought of deleting the center console... Looks clean
                          sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

The second picture looks like just the back piece is removed. I like both options. I might do this but would like to look into it more.

Comment

Yeah, he only removed the back piece on the DTM car.
                              I'm really surprised more e30 people dont do this. Lets start this trend!
                              I dont think it's too 'fuhraze' or whatever. I mean, most 70's and older cars just had carpeting with the shifter popping out. I think it looks great too and a lot cleaner. I'm a detailer and I probably end up cleaning the damn center console area 4x more than I actually use it for storage. I've had enough haha

Comment

Working...
                              X