Installing new VIN tag in dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing new VIN tag in dash

So I got a new dash I want to swap out and i ordered new VIN tags from the dealer but it takes two months. Would it be difficult to install the new VIN tag after the dash is installed?
    sigpic

no its not. just take an exacto knife and slowly pop off the plastic rivet that;s holding the plate, dont cut it. then take the vin plate out
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    ---------------------------------
    89 E30 S52
    ---------------------------------
    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

I've searched far and wide for the vin plate rivet p/n and have come up empty handed. Can someone shed some light. Swapping out my dash soon and want would like to get a couple in hand in case they take a crap when pulled out.

Comment

you can get those vin pin thingies from Blunt or dealer - pretty cheap couple bucks

It's much easier to install the vin tag while the dash is out, but can be accomplished while dash is in place with small hands and many curse words

Comment

I thought I had the part number for those plastic rivets saved (I bought some) but haven't been able to locate it yet. As mentioned, Blunt probably knows.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I have a ton of those plastic rivets I ordered on accident, if all else fails.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
              I have a ton of those plastic rivets I ordered on accident, if all else fails.
              I'll probably grab a couple seeing as how I still haven't come across the right p/n. I think dealers are hesitant to sell them given the tamper proof nature of vin#'s

Comment

Working...
              X