Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobraken
    replied
    I really like yours halesyeah! Would you be interested in creating another one?

Leave a comment:

• halesyeah
    replied
    Grafted a couple pieces of abs pipe in. 8 months later I finally got around to filling, sanding, and painting. Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• shaR1k
    replied
    Its my design cup holder for e30
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shaR1k; 03-01-2020, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PshlosE30
    replied
    I made a very simple and bolt on cupholder, straight fit.... Made from plywood and fabric..

Leave a comment:

• cory58
    replied
    Another huge thumbs up for GEARSWITCH. I recently noticed that the cup holder I bought from them in 2015 had broken. It hasn't had much use, so I reached out to Gearswitch, to let them know where it failed, in case others had failed in the same location. Not only did they let me know they'd improved the design, but also reminded me of the lifetime warranty. Received my TOTALLY FREE replacement yesterday. That's customer service!

Gearswitch cup holder by cory58f5, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• quasi mofo
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_145480.jpg Views:	4 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	9881272 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_145481.jpg Views:	5 Size:	43.1 KB ID:	9881273

Here's my cupholder solution. Nothing as cool as the 3d printed versions, but it works--

I used a cup holder insert for a GMC Yukon ($9.45 on eBay), an old piece of scrap wood and some lateral thinking. The wood piece is sized for the center console pocket and press fits into place. I bolted the wood piece to the cupholder insert and everything stays in place nicely.
    Last edited by quasi mofo; 10-28-2019, 01:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 968Reckless
    replied
    Originally posted by Tismael711 View Post
    will an E36 console fit the E30? It has cupholders.

Both e36 and e46 will, they don’t look very good where it meets the shifter surround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• efficient
    replied
    looks nice^

Leave a comment:

• CalypsoBotter
    replied
    I recently started selling affordable E30 cupholders that are designed to keep your drinks secure during spirited driving. They come in two sizes to suit your needs. They are a press fit into the center console pocket, no tape or screws are required!

Check them out along with a bunch of other E30 goodies I have below:

We firmly believe that we have created the best E30 cup holder on the market. The combination of a period-correct boxy design, removable insert to accommodate many different drink sizes, and a magnetic-latching sliding door for access to the storage below, make this cup holder a must-have upgrade for any E30 enthusiast
    Last edited by CalypsoBotter; 11-09-2023, 09:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crzylildude
    replied
    Here's ours that gets us through the day all the time...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dadsbmw
    replied
    Got a Gearswitch cupholder recently after doing some research. Design wise, its awesome and by far the best choice. I have a 1.5L Nalgene that I take with me everywhere that fits in the front holder and the rear holder gets used for coffee every once in a while. Needed to use all 5 of the silicone dots to fit snugly, but its in there nice and tight.

There is however a major area that I think needs attention, and that is the finish. These are 3D printed and it is OBVIOUS. None of the pictures I have seen are zoomed in close enough to show the texture of surface, but it appears to be printed by a mid quality 3D printer, which doesnt have the resolution to make it truly smooth. Just seems very cheap to me, especially considering the $100+ price.

Leave a comment:

• luke30m
    replied
    FYI the E36 cup holders/center console DOES NOT WORK with E30 M3. I found out the hard way...anyone wants to buy it from me?

Leave a comment:

• megatron
    replied
    Hi all, thanks again for all of the support. To give back, we've just signed on as an sponsor of the r3vlimited forums. Formal announcement of that coming up soon, along with some announcements on distributors, overseas shipping, and a few other things.

We'll be at Bimmerfest East 2015 this weekend if you guys want to say hi and check out the E30 Cup Holder and a few other things in the works. We'll have a some cup holders on hand for sale, and can accept cc via Square. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• megatron
    replied
    Originally posted by cory58 View Post
    Ordered the Gearswitch cup holder on May 26 and it arrived this week. It is awesome. Great construction, professional packaging. I used 2 of the 5 adhesive shims to get it to fit tightly in my center console.

Would definitely recommend this product.

Can't wait for the weather to cool down enough for a drive in the 'vert while enjoying a cold drink. Best of all, I get to remove the OEM accessory cup holder that's been attached to the door map pocket and always knocking against my leg.

Cory

Your interior is beautiful! Thanks for posting the pictures and for the kind words!

Leave a comment:

• megatron
    replied
    Hi guys, to celebrate E30 Picnic Weekend, the GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder is on sale! Use discount code E30_PICNIC for a $10 discount. Code is good through Monday 11:59PM at http://gearswitch.us . If you are going to the E30 Picnic, the sale price applies for units we have on hand for pick up with no shipping.

Digitally-designed to fit nearly any drink and additively-manufactured from carbon-fiber filled ABS in the USA, the GearSwitch E30 Cup Holder is simply the best cup holder for the E30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X