Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird electrical issue

Sorry for the rant
    First time posting on here, I've been hanging around on here since buying my e30 which is about a year ago. I've learned quite a bit aside from what I already know. I'm rather automotive savvy. Which leads me to my problem. I am doing an m50 swap, as well as shaving my engine bay. The bay is complete and I don't have my transmission nor my engine in. To make things easier at first, I cut out the main engine harness, in easy as possible to reach locations for re-soldering. It's not my first rodeo with wiring. I cut it in 4 locations, first being the larger loom leading to the rear of the car, lights fuel pump etc. Second loom going to the reverse light connector, e brake ground and rear ashtray light. Third loom going to the OBC overhead. And last being a loom going to the drivers side door. Made for easy removal of the fuse box and body harness. My problem is I have constant power leading to my cluster as soon as the battery is hooked up. The service indicator LEDs light up and the parking brake come on. Acting is if my key is in the start/on position. But the problem remains with the ignition switch removed. As well as every plug under the dash removed. Everything was soldered correctly, I've traced wires numerous times and its driving me crazy. There were a few matching wires but they were lights, shouldn't matter correct? Also my power windows and mirrors don't work. Nor does my blower motor. I'm able to turn my lights on all the time. Key in/out ignition switch plugged/unplugged. If there is any insight I appreciate the help as I'm trying to get this fixed to continue my build. Can provide pictures if needed. Thanks.
Working...
X