Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to fix this gauge clusterf*** ! #×%!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to fix this gauge clusterf*** ! #×%!!!

Hopefully this is in the right place...

So, I have a 325es that the previous owner swapped an M50 non-vanos into, decent car, but after a while I realized that wiring was not this guys strongsuit. Tasteless halos stuffed inside ellipsoids and spliced into foglight harnesses, gaudy LED strobes being fed power from the 12v socket, it was bad. So now, after fixing all that and removing the disgusting "young Paul Walker" crap, I might have a more serious problem. The car has an E30 M3 gauge cluster (which will be for sale as soon as I finish te sheetmetal dash and instrument panel) which really only the temp, gas (kinda), and speedometer (also kinda) gauges worked, and the illumination lights worked perfectly. The other night, the lights stopped working, so I tapped the dash, they came back on. This has happened a few times. Then last night, they didn't come back on, and after some wiring diagnosis, I'm at a loss.

Basically, is it likely that all the illum. light bulbs went up at the exact same time? Also, the fuse is good, checked that, but according to the diagram, the parking lights are also running off the same fuse, and when I pulled the fuse, only the right front parking light went out. THE F***.

HALP.
Working...
X