Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    I have heard a lot of people say to hit the foam with steam. I guess it can't hurt, but what does the heated water vapor actually do to the foam? Is there any science involved or is it similar advice to rubbing butter on a burn or WD40 on faded clear coat to make it "look" shiny again?

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...3=1599&veh=sem

Leave a comment:

• mbonanni
    replied
    What do you guys use to steam?? Do I toss it in my bathroom while I take a hot shower or what?

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Hit it with a lot of steam

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    In preparation for the new upholstery I went ahead and stripped the back seats of their original vinyl coverings.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    Well, I guess I just may be the guinea pig. I just order a set of covers for my front sport seats and a matching set for my rear seats. I went with brown which is their darkest brown to replace my current pearl beige. I wanted as dark of a brown as I could get. I was considering a totally black interior like my iX but, with the maroon metallic exterior paint I am thinking the dark brown interior will look classy with the few bits of black trim. The door cards will be dyed/painted to match the new leather.

Total cost was $736.00 including $58.00 shipping to Massachusetts as I opted for the piping option.

Leave a comment:

• mbonanni
    replied
    Yeah buuuutt LSeat is $300 for leather front seats and Autoberry is $400 for leatherette and $750 for leather for front seats.

I requested a sample of the black and the dark brown, I will report back if I get them and let you guys know the quality.

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    Autoberry is also another good option to keep in mind here are my seats done in natur

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    I was thinking about the perforated option myself but decided against it. I assume the perforated section would be the seat bottoms and backs but, not the bolsters.

Call and ask or have them send you a sample swatch.

Leave a comment:

• mbonanni
    replied
    Keep us updated! Super interested in this. I want to redo my interior.

I wonder what the perforated inserts are, and how the diamond stitch looks

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    Well, I guess I just may be the guinea pig. I just order a set of covers for my front sport seats and a matching set for my rear seats. I went with brown which is their darkest brown to replace my current pearl beige. I wanted as dark of a brown as I could get. I was considering a totally black interior like my iX but, with the maroon metallic exterior paint I am thinking the dark brown interior will look classy with the few bits of black trim. The door cards will be dyed/painted to match the new leather. Call me crazy but, I was also wondering what it would look like if the shifter console, e-brake console, glove box and entire dash were done in the same color. My Cayman is what started me thinking about this idea. Maybe accented with a wooden steering wheel, shifter knob and E-brake handle. Or too much?

Opinions welcome...

Total cost was $736.00 including $58.00 shipping to Massachusetts as I opted for the piping option.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    I thought the same thing but, read the reviews.

Leave a comment:

• glnr13
    replied
    $300 seems awfully cheap for real leather.

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    started a topic Lseat.com Leather Seat Covers???

Lseat.com Leather Seat Covers???

Anyone have any experience with Lseat.com and their leather upholstery kits for the E30? I read a bunch of the Landcruiser and Porsche reviews and the only negative thing I could find were people complaining that the color of the leather wasn't the same as the color depicted on the website. Shame on them for not asking for a sample swatch before ordering.

$299.00 and people are saying they are top quality and fit well.

https://www.lseat.com/products/1984-...ers-front.html

https://www.lseat.com/products/1984-...vers-rear.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MSGGrunt; 11-10-2017, 04:02 PM.
Working...
X