No announcement yet.

Lseat.com Leather Seat Covers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have natur, so Ill order some swatches and see how close they are. Considering adding heating elements to while im at it.

Comment

Everything I have read implies that aftermarket heating elements are not even close to putting out the heat of the OEM heaters. Or maybe that is just the low end EBay units. If you pay more money maybe that buys you better quality and higher output. I know the heaters in my Porsche Cayman and Audi TT will make you sweat even in single digit temperatures outside.

Just something to think about.

I need to contact LSeat and see if they can make covers for a 4-door ix with the ski pass through. Even if I have to send them my covers to use as a pattern.
      1986 E30 325E
      1989 E30 325iX
      2003 E54 X5.
      1993 Mercedes W124 300E
      1995 Mercedes W124 E320.
      2009 VW Touareg
      2007 Porsche Cayman S

Comment

I just sent in the seat covers from my vert to lseat.com so they can create patterns and match the stitching. They offered a 50% discount for sending in old covers so couldn't resist the sweet deal!!! =)

They should be back in about a month or so. I'll post up pictures when they come in. I chose the S0019 Brows color as well. I think it'll have a nice contrast against the blue interior.

Comment

I also ordered a set from Lseat and could not be happier with the quality of their seats.
          The dark red is hard to photograph and show its proper color, but in person it's color is close enough to the original door cards.

sigpic

Comment

I just ordered 60 sq ft of leather in the same color as my seats that is being used to cover the door pulls, door pockets, kick panel speaker covers, front and rear door panels and the rear parcel shelf.
            1986 E30 325E
            1989 E30 325iX
            2003 E54 X5.
            1993 Mercedes W124 300E
            1995 Mercedes W124 E320.
            2009 VW Touareg
            2007 Porsche Cayman S

Comment

Originally posted by profbooty View Post
              I have natur, so Ill order some swatches and see how close they are. Considering adding heating elements to while im at it.
              Well the swatches never came.

Any idea what colour might be the best match for natur?

Comment

I ordered black ones with piping option. We shall see what they look like.
                1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by profbooty View Post
                  Well the swatches never came.

Any idea what colour might be the best match for natur?
                  I can send you the ones I have. You can send them to the next person interested and so on. Let me know.
                  Last edited by Mike36; 05-01-2018, 02:11 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MSGGrunt View Post
                    Everything I have read implies that aftermarket heating elements are not even close to putting out the heat of the OEM heaters. Or maybe that is just the low end EBay units. If you pay more money maybe that buys you better quality and higher output. I know the heaters in my Porsche Cayman and Audi TT will make you sweat even in single digit temperatures outside.

Just something to think about.

I need to contact LSeat and see if they can make covers for a 4-door ix with the ski pass through. Even if I have to send them my covers to use as a pattern.
                    I don't know how hot the OEM ones are because mine were shot when I got the car. I replaced them with Doorman universal units, $60 a side from Amazon and wired them into the stock switches. The hot setting will roast you. I only turn it on the high setting to get the seats heated up quickly then immediately turn it down to low. Even that setting is pretty toasty and I considered adding some resistance to lower the heat a bit. I can't imagine anything hotter, unless you have some crazy thick leather on there.
                    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

It took a while but finally got my covers and installed them. Let me know what you guys think! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks amazing for $300! I think I'm going to have to do this asap. How hard was it to reupholster? Did you have prior experience? None the less, great job. If you could post more pics, maybe with the top down, that'd be awesome.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
                          That looks amazing for $300! I think I'm going to have to do this asap. How hard was it to reupholster? Did you have prior experience? None the less, great job. If you could post more pics, maybe with the top down, that'd be awesome.

It was my first time recovering seats and it’s definitely doable with intermediate DIY skills. You just have to be very detailed to stretch the covers to the intended position (stitches running along the crest of the bolsters) and get very familiar with hog-ring pliers. It took a day and a half to do the front seats, but I took extra care and put them together very slowly. Rear seats were done in half a day.

I took a ton of photos and plan to make a DIY thread soon.

Comment

Originally posted by salvageland View Post
                            It was my first time recovering seats and it’s definitely doable with intermediate DIY skills. You just have to be very detailed to stretch the covers to the intended position (stitches running along the crest of the bolsters) and get very familiar with hog-ring pliers. It took a day and a half to do the front seats, but I took extra care and put them together very slowly. Rear seats were done in half a day.

I took a ton of photos and plan to make a DIY thread soon.

Awesome, i'm definitely looking forward to a DIY now :up:

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Those look great!

Originally posted by salvageland View Post
                              It took a while but finally got my covers and installed them. Let me know what you guys think! :)

1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                              5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Damn that looks sweet. Where did you buy hog ring pliers? And did you buy extra hog rings and from where?
                                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X