• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes
    looks smart !

if u need sports seat trim pieces ?
    I have all available,
    Last edited by brutus; 12-01-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Has anyone here compared the Dark Red LSeat leather to e30 Cardinal Red in person? Really could use a recover but want to be able to match my door cards somewhat accurately

Comment

Just bought an extra set of black sport seats with perfect foam, and received my sample swatch in the mail. Will be doing the charcoal black, very similar color to everything, the grain of the leather is much more similar to the grain on the dash and door cards as well.. The leather of the swatches shows the leather isnt as nice as OEM, but for such a competitive price...
        sigpic1989 325i Cirrusblau Sedan-Sold
        1989 BMW 325ix-Sold
        1991 325ix-Sold
        1988 325iX-

Comment

Just ordered samples of the scarlet, dark red, and burgundy. Hoping one of them match my taurusrot interior. I will post pics once I get them.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
            Just ordered samples of the scarlet, dark red, and burgundy. Hoping one of them match my taurusrot interior. I will post pics once I get them.

FYI he only sends a sample card of swatches, not multiples (I ordered a bunch of colors and got one card)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lseat.com Leather Seat Covers???

Well good thing they’re only $.10 cause I ordered multiple lol. Are they colors printed on paper or actually swatches?

I’ve been emailing their customer support to see if they will sell bolsters or center cushions separately. Got quoted $200 shipped for just the rear upper back. Gotta see if anything is close to my red. I think its Taurusrot but cant tell. Any way to check??

Comment

Well good thing they’re only $.10 cause I ordered multiple lol. Are they colors printed on paper or actually swatches?

I’ve been emailing their customer support to see if they will sell bolsters or center cushions separately. Got quoted $200 shipped for just the rear upper back. Gotta see if anything is close to my red. I think its Taurusrot but cant tell. Any way to check??

It’s a card with small (maybe 1x 1.5”) leather swatches of all available colors

Comment

Perffect that looks like it will be just what I need. Did you guys clean your leather before comparing to the swatches?

I think im going to attempt to repair torn seats rather than recover the whole thing just because of cost. I just need the colors to match really well.

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_anderson View Post
                    Ordered seat covers 4/16/18 Front and rears.

Covers were delivered 4/29/18. Really impressed with the two week turn around.

Replacing my Natur interior on my vert. I asked for swatches before ordering. They don't have the~exact OEM color however there are two that are very close;

Bisque- VERY close to OEM color but seems to be missing some tan and appears a little dark. This was the color recommended by Lseat.

Lark - A little bit lighter than OEM but with a but more tan added. Due to sun fade in my car on the carpets, door pockets, door cards etc are not the same color. I feel this color brings the interior together for all the sun fade and slight mismatch. I went with this one.

I have ordered hog rings and piers from amazon. hope to tackle this weekend. Will post pictures when done. Wish me luck first upholstery attempt. Doesn't seem too bad based on DIYs.
                    Any update on the install for the natur substitute?
                    E30 320i vert
                    But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Just got my lseat “dark red” front covers. Initial look they are a tad lighter than cardinal, but mine is so old it’s hard to tell.

I just spent about an hour and a half steaming all the foam on the seats and put the headrests on. One of them fits nicely and should tighten up well with some heat/sun, the other one is a bit loose and probably wont tighten up with heat. Overall not upset I want to see how the rest goes together. It’s going to take me a few days to get the rest together I need to get some spray adhesive for the bottom/back, I’ll post pics once I’m done.

Comment

Just got my lseat “dark red” front covers. Initial look they are a tad lighter than cardinal, but mine is so old it’s hard to tell.

I just spent about an hour and a half steaming all the foam on the seats and put the headrests on. One of them fits nicely and should tighten up well with some heat/sun, the other one is a bit loose and probably wont tighten up with heat. Overall not upset I want to see how the rest goes together. It’s going to take me a few days to get the rest together I need to get some spray adhesive for the bottom/back, I’ll post pics once I’m done.
                        Don’t forget to post some pics. Mine are holding up well after a year of half time use. Take your time and have plenty of hog rings on hand. I bought these small hand picks from harbor freight which made the job 10x’s easier. Oh and I also ended doing my door panels! Good luck!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mike36; 04-01-2019, 09:19 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lseat.com Leather Seat Covers???

I just attempted the lower bolsters and holy crap the hog rings are very difficult to put on. I think I managed to get one on. Have a link to the pick you speak of?

Edit: Just did the upper bolsters. Much easier. I think the hog ring pliers I got from harbor freight are crappy, or the rings I got off amazon. They don’t like to go through the leather.
                          Last edited by mbonanni; 04-01-2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                            Don’t forget to post some pics. Mine are holding up well after a year of half time use. Take your time and have plenty of hog rings on hand. I bought these small hand picks from harbor freight which made the job 10x’s easier. Oh and I also ended doing my door panels! Good luck!

How did you do the door panels?

Comment

Doing the inserts is actually really easy, just gotta be willing to cut them up a little. Here is a diy for e36's, similar to e30's. I know there is a how to for e30's somewhere I just can't find it. https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94789

Little update. Got the upper and lower bolsters prettymuch done as well as the headrests. There are a few corners and creases I want to try and stretch out, then hit them with a heat gun but otherwise i think they're ready.

Current progress (sorry for all the iphone pics):

I am actually not done with the upper bolster lower outside corners, what did everyone do to anchor these down? My hog ring pliers don't seem to fit in the frame at the right angle. I can tuck the flaps and it looks pretty good so I am thinking I'll just use some spry fabric adhesive to keep these down, but curious how these corners were for everyone else.

I am also wondering what everyone did when it came to the upper/lower center pieces and anchoring them down through the divots in the foam. My hog ring pliers definitely won't fit, and I am just not sure I want to only use spray adhesive. What was everyones experience with this?

My last question is how is everyone dealing with these corners on the underside. Folding them over seems to create a large bundle in one area. I was thinking of cutting the stitches back an inch or two so I can fold them over. And I feel like I wasn't given very much extra to fold over on these bottom pieces, they seem really close to the edge, but that may just be me.

Comment

I'm not sure what your exact question is regarding the foam but I will try to go through all of your questions in a row.

In regards to the corners it may take a few tries but there is a bar in there that you can get a hog ring on. It is very difficult but you can get it. Hopefully you haven't taken your other seat apart yet so you can see how they did it from the factory. If all else fails put the old cover on it and push the fabric into place to see how they did it.

In regards to the divots. Hopefully they left you room in between the tiny parts of the stitching on that piece of fabric where you can get a string through them. Once you get the string through pull it through the holes and tie it to the bar that was on it from the factory.

At no point did I have to use spray adhesive when installing mine (grant it mine is a different kit but virtually the same) you will need to buy a wide crown stapler (mine came from harbor freight and worked great) and staple that thing to no end. I believe I folded mine over. Do not cut any stitching. You are opening yourself up to doing this again quicker than you want to. Once you have it all stapled then set it in the frame. Line the wear marks up and hog ring it in which will be difficult but you will get it done.

Take your time. Make sure everything is pulled tight. You can see the results of mine in my build thread. Hope that helps
                                1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                                COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Working...
                                X