Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    I gave the leather a treatment of Leatherique rejuvenator oil while the seats are in where it is warm. I figured it couldn't hurt.

It is difficult to capture the true color of the brown. It looks very similar to the current darker brown in the modern BMWs. More pics to follow as I work on the front seats.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    I only ended up with two creases that I wish were not there but, I have seen other seat covers installed by E30 owners that did not appear to fit as nicely as these. So far I am very happy with them. Now to tackle the more intricate front seats.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    Finally found some time to get back on this project. I tackled the back seats first thinking these would be easier. The covers fit nicely. I did have to use some pliers for added grip as I was stretching the cover over the foam.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    I am only considering using another layer as that is how the seat covers were made by BMW. That and It would be an additional layer between the foam that Lseat uses and the OEM foam. I looked at some batting at my local Hobby Lobby but, have a local upholstery shop who I can ask what they would recommend.

Leave a comment:

• Pootis
    replied
    I would not reuse that backing. If anything I would get some polyester batting from a fabric store if you are wanting more cushion.

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    The best YouTube video I found was this one which is E30 sport seat specific.

Welcome to part 4 of our first Trim My Reg video series! In this video series we're completely reupholstering the seats for a classic E30 M3. In this episode...

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    I went with the 0019 brown.

Leave a comment:

• TimeMachinE30
    replied
    Hmmmm.

Inside look at a pro shop installing covers.

Dodge Challenger custom leather interior mods on a skinny budget. How to make custom leather seats, interior panels. The inside of this beat up challenger ge...

Leave a comment:

• FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by MSGGrunt View Post
    I am letting the leather warm up and will be attempting the install this weekend.
    Nice! I've been checking into this thread now and then to see if there was any progress. Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• nextelbuddy
    replied
    that looks great!!

can you look at this swatch and tell me which one you chose?

its hard to tell because when you take pictures in different lighting, brown can look dark or tan depending on the lighting.

image001-01 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    The thicker padding sewn into the original seat that I am thinking of reusing on the new covers. I would have to glue these in place on the covers themselves or maybe a better idea would be to glue them to the foam pieces.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    Removing the foam. I can only see this contributing to a bad bond with the seat backs.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    Seat back leather pieces not advertised but included.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    Plastic "clips" sewn into the headrests.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MSGGrunt
    replied
    Foam on back of covers.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X