Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dash cover recommendations?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dash cover recommendations?

    Anyone recommend a nice dash cover for my 91 e30 vert? Looking for a plain black one.

    #2
    Id like a cover for my 91 vert's dash too. Have been wondering how these look IRL.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coverlay-Da...MAAOSwsrlcDb2W

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by PDXPeter View Post
      Id like a cover for my 91 vert's dash too. Have been wondering how these look IRL.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coverlay-Da...MAAOSwsrlcDb2W
      I noticed those too. They seem nice, but I'm looking for the 'old school' carpeted ones.

      Comment


        #4
        The lady in the pictures has bigger problems than a cracked dash.

        Her car has no windshield!
        E30 320i vert
        But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Tzantushka View Post
          The lady in the pictures has bigger problems than a cracked dash.

          Her car has no windshield!
          :o

          Comment


            #6
            The Coverlay ones look pretty good in pictures, but I bet pictures do not properly convey how it truly looks. I have a feeling it will look a lot like the nicer leather steering wheel covers you can stitch on. They look pretty good in pictures, but in person, it looks like a steering wheel cover...

            Sorta like with the fake leather textured, hard brittle plastic door panels you see on econoboxes. Looks OK in pictures, in person looks and feels cheap.

            If the return policy is good, certainly seems worth ordering to me. Worst case just ship it back.

            Originally posted by spyder918 View Post
            I noticed those too. They seem nice, but I'm looking for the 'old school' carpeted ones.
            Please don't do that. Flocking and filling in cracks would look a million times better than the awful cloth/carpet covers.

            Comment


              #7
              I think the carpet ones are very period correct and look pretty good.

              This place has several:

              https://www.carid.com/1987-bmw-3-ser...er=1&sub-model[ourRealModelName][]=325

              Amazon has this one:

              https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048FZHAQ..._t1_B000F0XWPA
              sigpic

              Comment


                #8
                thanks!..yep I was thinking the same thing which is the look Iím going for.

                Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                I think the carpet ones are very period correct and look pretty good.

                This place has several:

                https://www.carid.com/1987-bmw-3-ser...er=1&sub-model[ourRealModelName][]=325

                Amazon has this one:

                https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048FZHAQ..._t1_B000F0XWPA

                Comment


                  #9
                  My friend had a carpeted dash. It looks like a 90 year old person drives the car to bingo on a Friday night.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I just put the dash mat in a car I have. It fits as expected but will require a lot of extra tape to get it down.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    /// MTech Belts ///


                    S52 BUILD


                    Instagram: @martino_motorsport

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X