Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get some interior leather dye, factor color please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get some interior leather dye, factor color please?

On the hunt for some dye to try my hand at a very light touch up on a leather seat.

Its in a late model e30, the color I need is natur (short for natural?).

I checked out leathernique* site, it looked outdated and no site secure certificate. They had a form where it was pick the amount of dye and you could type in the color. I herd they should be able to make a excellent dye match for natur interior.

Just looking for some tips, feedback, if I should go about it this way. I assume the correct color code for a later model natur leather interior is 0295?

I've used this stuff on dash and other pieces and loved it:
    ColorBond is a revolutionary molecular bonding color coat that penetrates deep into plastic, vinyl and leather. Now you can easily restore or change the color of leather, linyl, and plastics of your truck, car, boat, or motorcycle with fantastic results. ColorBond LVP dries to the touch in 45 seconds and forms a molecular bond within 10 minutes. ColorBond LVP won’t flake, crack or peel and is durable while still allowing the original surface leather grain and texture to show through and maintain it's original soft and supple feel. Whether your project is a small vinyl seat repair or a major interior restoration, ColorBond LVP will look great and last.

Disclaimer: I am not sure how well it works on high traffic areas such as a seat as I have NOT tried that.

That price is cheap enough to warrant trying it.

A piece of aluminum that was SEM Texture painted with the colorbond LVHP Tobacco on top:

Comment

Leathernique isn't actually dye, it's paint. It coats the leather in a layer, doesn't soak in and flash off like really dye.

What exactly are you trying to fix? Got a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
        Leathernique isn't actually dye, it's paint. It coats the leather in a layer, doesn't soak in and flash off like really dye.

What exactly are you trying to fix? Got a picture?
        Driver side, lower bolsters have hairline cracks. Trying to minimize the cracking look. Theres a custom auto upholstery shop I was going to stop by and see what they would suggest. (besides paying them a mint to redo the whole seat). It would be nice to finally get a pair of custom mtech fabric with leather trim seats made though.

Comment

Leather World Tech is where I got mine.
          www.instagram.com/snwmble
          #snwmble

Current:
          '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
          '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
          '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
          '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
          '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
          '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
          '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
          '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Dye isn't going to fix the cracks. It will darken the leather inside the cracks, but they will still be there. You might just try shoe polish. It has some dye in it and will change the color some without having to re-dye it. The problem with dye is you have to put some kind of top coating over it as the finish won't be nice.

Comment

Working...
            X