Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys i thought i would add some info that has not been mentioned in here yet.

I am in the process of mounting a pair of Sparco Fighters into my e30 sedan and from the initial test fitting the upper side bolsters are VERY close to not fitting in the car. I am almost sure i wont be able have either seat move forward or back without hitting the B-pillar with the bolster. I have not had both seats in at the same time but I also suspect they would hit each other with the inside bolster if they were in the same relative position front to back.

I should have a set of brackets fabbed up this weekend and i will provide some pics and more detail on the fitments

this is the seat I am trying to use, and the bolsters i am referring to are the 2 on either side of the upper harness holes:

Comment

Keep us posted mate. Thanks.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
      HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
      **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Originally posted by clavinZERO View Post
        Keep us posted mate. Thanks.
        They fit.. but just barely. I will have some pictures this weekend to show the fitment

Comment

did anyone get the corbeau gt-II's? wondering how much lower than stock they are with their brackets.

Comment

From the crappy/uncomfortable Corbeau Forza

To the quality/most comfortable Racetech RT1000

sigpic
            '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyVT View Post
              From the crappy/uncomfortable Corbeau Forza

To the quality/most comfortable Racetech RT1000

nice upgrade! I've heard those racetech seats are legit, but the logo just screams ebay to me, it's hard to look past. Still Corbeau makes horrible seats and anything is an upgrade from them.

Just a side note, i was fiddling with the glove box alignment the other day and spent a good 20 minutes just sitting in the SPG's dreaming of better weather so i could make one more trip to the ring. Those SPG's are awesome and probably the best investment i've made in the car.
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Is that a jaffster shift knob in the pic with the red rollcage :excited:

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
                  Is that a jaffster shift knob in the pic with the red rollcage :excited:
                  It is indeed the Jaffster knob, it's nice and places the top of the shifter pretty close to the steering wheel. $90 is overpriced but I didn't feel like wasting the time turning one myself. The cage is orange, might want to check your monitor settings. BTW, never paint the cage a different color than the rest of the interior it's a huge pain in the ass.
                  sigpic
                  '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

Recaro SPGs
                    Got these as payment for a Detail
                    They're beat up but so is everthing else on my car.
                    I made some aluminum adapters to mount them to the stock brackets.
                    This setup sucks. Im going to weld up new mounts soon.
                    We're out there in here.

Comment

this thread needs some more non-race application seats.

Comment

Does anyone else have any Bride seats installed on their car? I have a pair of Bride Euro II's that I had from my old car, and kinda want to use them on my e30. I'm just not sure about the whole japanese/euro thing though...
                        "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

why not? seats are seats.

Sparco Speed, bottom mounted on stock e30 sliders by welding cross bars on the sliders.

Some old Pics when I first put the seats in.

As of right now, I have a Sparco Fighter in the car, it mounts to the same bottom mount locations as the Speed seats.

I think the reason we do fixed back seats is because we want the support of a fixed back seat for driving purposes other than cruising the city or carving the canyons. Only people with too much money buy reclining aftermarket seats, and they don't hold you nearly as well as fixed back seats do. Waste of money IMHO. But that's just me.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                          PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
                            why not? seats are seats.

That's true, now it's just a matter of finding some brackets and rails for the seats to fit it in the car...
                            "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

There was a guy on here that had Bride seats in his 318iS, he was from the PNW, I think it was m42technic. He doesn't have the car anymore, I don't think he even gets on here anymore, but you can try PM'ing him. They looked sick.

Comment

Sparco R505's mounted with cross bars welded to E30 sliders.

Comment

Working...
                                X