Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if they are VW recaros, the knob is $9 and change from the dealer. i had to buy one earlier this year.
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
      if they are VW recaros, the knob is $9 and change from the dealer. i had to buy one earlier this year.
      I havent really figured out what it is yet, the knob said BMW on it...

Dont know why it came out so pixely, the cameraphone is usually lots better, ill get a better pic soon

Comment

I need to replace the plastic covers that go under the adjuster knobs on mine, but I CANNOT get those screws inside the knobs to turn! The heads are just getting all fucked up, I might have to drill them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          I need to replace the plastic covers that go under the adjuster knobs on mine, but I CANNOT get those screws inside the knobs to turn! The heads are just getting all fucked up, I might have to drill them out.
          honestly, i would call the dealer to make sure that they are still available, then break the knob off and turn the screws out with a pair of vice grips. that is what i did since the center already broke free in mine and the screw was starting to strip out. the screw runs into a metal bar and i would rather not risk f'ing up the little threads and re taping them after a bad drill out

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

They sell them on that UK site that sells all the replacement foams and what not, I'll just get them from there. But I'll check the dealer, too.

Comment

do they sell the side covers too?
              one of mine is broken :(

Comment

Stephen, isn't that an e30 Recaro?

now if you could source the insert material to match your interior to the steering wheel that would be the shit!
                You mean this material?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

now you need enough extra to do your back seat and the inserts in the door panels too

and that is the material on the cover of the box, not what is on the actual wheel

Comment

now you need enough extra to do your back seat and the inserts in the door panels too

and that is the material on the cover of the box, not what is on the actual wheel
                    The guy who owns that wheel wants my seats.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                      Stephen, isn't that an e30 Recaro?

Uh, no idea... I know its not a regular sport seat and a legit recaro, but other thasn that i have no idea

Comment

I think you're wrong and full of LIES Stephen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Nope, the shape is much more like yours... and has a twisty knob

Comment

Now I know you're wrong! Die Stephen DIE!!!!!!!!

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                              Now I know you're wrong! Die Stephen DIE!!!!!!!!
                              Ill take a pic of the Label ;)

Comment

This right here proves you're WRONG!!!!!! Click Me

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X