This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theBAYsics View Post
    one of my seats was missing webbing so i made my own from scratch.

3/8 rolled steel for the frame. 2" firm elastic webbing. contact cement and rivets.

here it is mounted on the seat
    That's Badass. Overkill, but still nice.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

What's the deal with the E24 "recaros", are they recaros or are they BMW manufactured? What is a set needing covers and foam work worth....

Comment

Originally posted by chandlerGTi View Post
        What's the deal with the E24 "recaros", are they recaros or are they BMW manufactured? What is a set needing covers and foam work worth....
        If your seats look like mine, look on post 700. Then they are Recaros. I got mine out of a 1980 euro E24.
        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Similar, thanks!

Comment

Could someone tell me the difference between the Recaro C81s, Classic Cs, and the Orthopads? I know some are manual rather than electric and quite a bit lighter, but they look so similar that I have noticed they get miss-categorized as one another quite often. I want to get a set for my E24 down the road and the info would help me decide what type to look for.

Comment

has anyone else seen these on ebay. was thinking about bidding on a set of these. they look nice. curious if anyone has actually ordered some from this seller. I am not digging the shipping time though.

Comment

Finally installed my MK2 RECAROs.

Had to make these and new Clips and rails too. but so nice to drive in them.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrel View Post
                  has anyone else seen these on ebay. was thinking about bidding on a set of these. they look nice. curious if anyone has actually ordered some from this seller. I am not digging the shipping time though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-ORIGINAL-R...4070cc&vxp=mtr
                  He was posting stuff here for a bit but fadded back to ?
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I got my passenger mkII recaro installed, super comfy. Cany wait to get my seat in!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

So has anyone ever heard from Ron @ JJ Custom (a2coupe2a)? I called him a couple times last month to find out about maybe having him do my MkII inserts for me, always went straight to voice mail, and never got a call back. I'm really glad I didn't send him more money.

He's not still sitting on anyone's orders or money, is he? He also hasn't posted anything on his Facebook since October.

Googled him and just found this, dated the 20th of last month:

Looks like he owes this guy $1500, and hasn't heard a word from him in almost 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
                        So has anyone ever heard from Ron @ JJ Custom (a2coupe2a)? I called him a couple times last month to find out about maybe having him do my MkII inserts for me, always went straight to voice mail, and never got a call back. I'm really glad I didn't send him more money.

He's not still sitting on anyone's orders or money, is he? He also hasn't posted anything on his Facebook since October.

Googled him and just found this, dated the 20th of last month:

Looks like he owes this guy $1500, and hasn't heard a word from him in almost 2 years.
                        I spoke with him like august this year, and he said he was closing up shop for good. I was sad bc I wanted some custom shit from him.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                          I spoke with him like august this year, and he said he was closing up shop for good. I was sad bc I wanted some custom shit from him.
                          He told me the same, and then not a week or two later, said he was still going to complete or do small projects for a few people. But if he still in fact owes that guy $1500, I'm not exactly taking that lightly. I really hope he doesn't still owe anyone around here money/product.

I have to say, I'm fairly miffed that he's just disappeared. He did do my jackets and everything as promised, but in a sort of roundabout way (which it appears was partially my fault, I somewhat misunderstood him), managed to get out of doing my inserts for my MkII Recaros. Now, I can have them done elsewhere, I'm sure. But I wanted them done by the same person who did the rest of them. Slightly irritating.

I'm probably just going to have to end up finding an upholstery shop locally who can knock them out, and hopefully, still do the Recaro embroidery, as well. At least I won't have $400 tied up for over a year, 8 hours away with the most limited contact known to man.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                            I spoke to Ron about doing my seats and then decided to give a local guy the job based on work that I saw in cars at a meetup.

Contact Tim @ Velocity Upholstery www.velocityupholstery.com

Great work, reasonable pricing and he gets the job done.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
                              I spoke to Ron about doing my seats and then decided to give a local guy the job based on work that I saw in cars at a meetup.

Contact Tim @ Velocity Upholstery www.velocityupholstery.com

Great work, reasonable pricing and he gets the job done.
                              Cool, when I'm ready to get my Classics done, I will give your guy a hollar. Thanks!

Comment

Someone requested pictures of the paperwork I had with it. I did not take pictures of the bill of sale.

What I believe is in this letter, was the info and catalog to order with(being the 80s and all).
                                March 1986

This paper is very high grade, it is watermarked and everything. Very nice weight to it ;D

I will be happy to take a picture of a seat model you desire to read clearly. Just tell me what one you want and I will use my macro lens.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X