Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what model this is? I've been looking to get one for the passenger side as well but I cant find any.

(ignore the car hair)
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post

Those seats you got from me aren't Recaros, just to be clear, tho.
      I know. My brother has a set in his GTI that are begging to be snatched up. I'll take pics tomorrow.

Are you fabbing up your own brackets?

Comment

Originally posted by Gobig_us View Post
        I know. My brother has a set in his GTI that are begging to be snatched up. I'll take pics tomorrow.

Are you fabbing up your own brackets?
        I'm using stock E30 mounting brackets/sliders, but I'm making adapter plates to bolt them to the seats themselves. I removed all of the stock brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          I'm using stock E30 mounting brackets/sliders, but I'm making adapter plates to bolt them to the seats themselves. I removed all of the stock brackets.
          What are you making your brackets out of?

Comment

The plates themselves are 1 1/2" steel flat stock, and the E30 slider bolt provisions will be 3/8" and 5/8" steel tubing, welded to the plates.

Comment

I'm still bracketless. My seats came with sliders but I neeeeed brackets.

Anyone want to make some cash? My brother is a punk and just keep saying ok, but does nothing even when I offer to pay.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                I'm still bracketless. My seats came with sliders but I neeeeed brackets.

Anyone want to make some cash? My brother is a punk and just keep saying ok, but does nothing even when I offer to pay.
                Best get to fabricating then.:)

EDIT: oops, I neglected to read the last part.
                Matt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alpinaclone View Post
                  Best get to fabricating then.:)

EDIT: oops, I neglected to read the last part.
                  I'm a handy type of guy. Good with figuring things out, for instance I just did a dash swap by myself and was the first thing I'd done to my E30 other than a couple small cosmetic things. I've just never tried to do it and I guess my pride is keeping me from trying, in that I don't want to look dumb I guess. Nor do I have anyone legit to show me.
                  Last edited by Nicademus; 09-09-2008, 09:10 AM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                  ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I don't think these would really look that good in an E30, but i loved them in my GTI. From a 2002 GTI 337 edition.

John

Comment

Those are very cool, especially with the GTI embroidery.

Comment

All things Recaro?

How about one of the newest OEM Recaro seats?

These bad boys, if they fit would be amazing in an E30. I know, they probably wouldn't very easily.

The most aggressive factory front seats ever offered by BMW, made by the famed seat maker Recaro. First shown on the "Tii" 1 Series Concept car, these seats feature pass-throughs for shoulder harnesses, more aggressive side bolsters, and come clad in luxurious (and grippy!) alcantara suede leather and standard black leather. These seats are designed to be the perfect track seats in a streetable car. They even include side impact airbags, just as your stock seats do, so you do not have to sacrifice your side impact protection for sportier seats on the track. Best of all these are a DIRECT BOLT IN for the cars they fit. In a nut shell, the BMW Performance Seats give you the benefits of a full "sport seat", without sacrificing the perfect fit, craftsmanship, and safety of factory original BMW seats.

These seats are a RARE find in the US, as US dealers are prohibited from ordering them. We are import these directly from Europe, on a special order basis. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

These Genuine BMW Performance Seats can be used on the following BMWs:
                        2008+ E82 1 Series Coupe including 128i & 135i
                        2006+ E90 3 Series Sedan including 325i, 325xi, 328i, 328xi, 330i, 330xi, 335i, 335xi
                        2007+ E92 3 Series Coupe including 328i, 328xi, 335i & 335xi
                        2008+ E90 M3 Sedan
                        2008+ E92 M3 Coupe

That's right the new 1 Series "Performance" seats seen in the tii concept.

Now, I must say you'd have to be a baller, and stupid to justify the near $5000.00 price tag. That's no typo. They are sexy though. Turner can order them for you:

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

i've sat in those at the BMW showroom in munich in there 120d Tii (however that works) those seats are most bad ass!
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

$5k for seats, holy shit.

I bet many E90/2 owners will be dumbfounded when they realize they are manual seats, they'll have to put their coffee down just to move the seat. :D
                            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                            E36 325i sedan
                            E30 325i sedan
                            Volvo 945T

Comment

It would be nice if you could buy them without airbags because I'm sure that would bring the price down to a much more reasonable 4k ;)

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                                All things Recaro?

How about one of the newest OEM Recaro seats?

These bad boys, if they fit would be amazing in an E30. I know, they probably wouldn't very easily.

That's right the new 1 Series "Performance" seats seen in the tii concept.

Now, I must say you'd have to be a baller, and stupid to justify the near $5000.00 price tag. That's no typo. They are sexy though. Turner can order them for you:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...FORMANCE-SEATS

mikeedler posted that he installed a set of those recently somewhere here.

Comment

Working...
                                X