Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are pretty damn baller-tastic. And with as angular of a design as they have, they probably wouldn't look too bad in an E30.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      mikeedler posted that he installed a set of those recently somewhere here.
      Wow, he had them installed in an E30? I figured they'd be a little bit too wide.
      - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
      E36 325i sedan
      E30 325i sedan
      Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
        Wow, he had them installed in an E30? I figured they'd be a little bit too wide.
        Yeah I agree. I just got one of my Recaro seats jimmy-rigged into my car and it barely barely barely fits. I've decided I may just run one of my Recaro's for now as the drivers seat (the black one) and let the blue one with no headrest sit in the house and look ugly. It sucks because I don't want to toss my houndstooth OEM seats, but then where do I put them without cluttering the place up even more? I plan to sell my 325e sometime maybe sooner than later and don't want to leave the Recaro's in it. (FYI: the only reason I'll be selling it is to get a 325i or some other "better" E30)

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

If you want to get rid of that blue one, let me know. I would gladly take it off your hands, I have a "need" for one.

On another note, I got the tube steel to make the bolt provisions for my seat brackets, hopefully going to get to work on them this weekend.
          Last edited by Jand3rson; 09-17-2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
            If you want to get rid of that blue one, let me know. I would gladly take it off your hands, I have a "need" for one.

On another note, I got the tube steel to make the bolt provisions for my seat brackets, hopefully going to get to work on them this weekend.
            I'll let you know if I get rid of it, however I'd like to keep them together. Make sure you take pictures of that bracket you're making (I know you've been asked that about 50 times ;))

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
              I'll let you know if I get rid of it, however I'd like to keep them together. Make sure you take pictures of that bracket you're making (I know you've been asked that about 50 times ;))
              Yeah, for sure. Once I get started making them, I'll take quite a few pics, and give as many details as I can.

Let me know first if you decide to sell that seat.

Comment

Mr.Anderson buy these seats (both in Oregon)!!! click here

or these ones:

click here
                Last edited by Nicademus; 09-18-2008, 12:19 AM.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

I already have a set. I just REALLY want that lone blue one you have. I have a... project in mind for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    I already have a set. I just REALLY want that lone blue one you have. I have a... project in mind for it.
                    Yeah, I've never seen one like it before. It's pretty cool. Whats the project?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Recaro Fittipaldi... I love the adjustable kidney bolsters. Eventually I'll have this and my passenger side Recaro LS recovered in the same material.

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

There are some Jetta GLI cloth Recaros on eBay right now, if anyone is interested...

"We've stumbled along for a while, trying to run a new civilization in old ways, but we've got to start to make this world over." -Thomas Edison, 1912

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                          Yeah, I've never seen one like it before. It's pretty cool. Whats the project?
                          I'm afraid I cannot release that information at this time, as it may compromise the integrity of my experiment.

Euroshark - that seat is badass, but I'm not a fan of the Audi-style headrests. I've never liked those much.

Comment

~Rogan
                            '85 325e w/M42 swap
                            '02 WRX 2.5L Hybrid w/GT32 @ 20psi - 400+awhp :: SOLD
                            http://www.autismspeaks.org ||| http://www.essentialpieces.org
                            sigpic

Strategic Alpine Command
                            Diving Board Division

Comment

Recaro Trohpy Seats, in original leather
                              Hella old but still looking nice in my ride.

ADNightingale.com /// MySpace /// Some of my sig werx /// Rev's P-Chop Group

Comment

let's see them driver's-side bolsters! lol

I love the trophies.
                                ~Rogan
                                '85 325e w/M42 swap
                                '02 WRX 2.5L Hybrid w/GT32 @ 20psi - 400+awhp :: SOLD
                                http://www.autismspeaks.org ||| http://www.essentialpieces.org
                                sigpic

Strategic Alpine Command
                                Diving Board Division

Comment

Working...
                                X