Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Convertible Floormat Alternatives - color and pictures

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	59.0 KB ID:	9861690

I have an early 91 (mid-1990 build) e30 convertible and am on the hunt for the best floormat options. I've read that both e46 very and e82 (1 series) floormats are viable alternatives. Can anyone send pictures of the e82 mats installed in a e30 vert?

Second question: anyone have pictures of AlaskaGraus carpet (BMW color code)? Trying to see if this color is a better compliment than anthracite.

Attached is a photo of my e30 with e46 anthracite mats test fit in it today... I don't mind them, but they crowd the drivers foot rest and you have to bend the carpet a little for it to sort of look like it's proper. Passenger side fits better except the front right corner, which runs into the reinforced rocker paneling on the verts. It fits, just not ideal. Considering ordering a set of e82 (in AlaskaGraus or Anthracite) to see if they fit and look better.

I would welcome photos of Lloyd mats or other alternatives as well.

Thanks!
    Last edited by e30pdx; 11-11-2019, 11:20 AM.

1 series floormats are the way to go. Fitment is just about perfect in the E30 convertible.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Yup, I've got 1 series mats in my '87 convertible. The set of four mats (two front, two rear) is part number 82112293415. The rears fit in the convertible too. I got mine off eBay from mybimmerparts for $96, but the set is available from FCP Euro too.

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses. Anyone have a photo of the AlaskaGraus color?

Comment

I bought oem e36 convertible mats and they don’t fit my e30 sedan or e36 sedan. Too narrow. Would they fit the e30 convertible?

Comment

Thunderzol That's odd... I think if anything they should fit better. Note, the e36 mats are not a "perfect" fit... it's still tight and requires you to work the floor mat into the passenger footwell, but they're the best fit I've seen. Below is a photo of the e46 floor mats on the passenger side... you can see why I didn't like them due to the interference with the reinforced rocker panels on the convertible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1960.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	9884671

Comment

Curious about the 1 series mats. Does anyone have a photo of them installed?
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X