What color is the E30 dashboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What color is the E30 dashboard?

Since uncracked dashes are getting super expensive and harder to find, I’m thinking of just getting a dash cap. I’m aware it won’t color match exactly but I’ll take it over my current Grand Canynon looking dashboard.

Does anyone know which exact color the E30 dashboard is? Mine looks like its either dark gray or slate gray. It’s hard to tell between the two due to changes in the way sunlight hits the dash throughout the day. I also think that 35 years of sun exposure has faded the dash color in addition to cracking it.

I’ve tried researching this but haven’t found much info on this subject. I’ve looked up the interior upholstery color codes and the one that matches closest to mine is Pacific 0167. Are all E30 dashes the same color or did they have different shades throughout the production run?
    1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

I am also trying to figure this out. My dash, console where the gear selector and kick panel (where the speakers are) look greyish but where the ebrake is its black. I have E30 1990 235i white carpet bluish grey.

Comment

Original E30 dashes were not black but actually a dark gray (Anthracite) color. I believe over time, conditioning products darken the vinyl/plastics making them appear black. The reproduced BMW dashes were definitely black.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
      X