Anyone with E46 lighting experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with E46 lighting experience?

Bimmerforums is a piece of shit, and I'm currently on a time-out for calling out a guy that wanted to put hood pins on his car so I'll ask here:

My dad bought a 2001 325i, and it has xenon lights installed. I can't tell if they are factory or not though... The mechanic I took it to knew the previous owner and he said the PO was looking at installing a set of HID's, but didn't know if he followed through, so i guess that means these didn't come with the car, but might be OEM (if that's possible?) They do the motorized up and down sweep as soon as you turn them on, and they say xenon around the projector assembly on the low-beams, also the housing is plastic.

What's the best way to tell if the assembly and HID set-up is OEM?

My dad's drivers side light cuts in and out, stays on sometimes, but mostly cuts out right after it ignites, so I was just going to buy a replacement set-up from Bavtoys for $200 and swap it into the housing. Will this work? On the top of the plastic housing lens it has D2S/H7 embossed into it sooooo....that should work right?

Thanks guys!
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.
Working...
X