Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in brand new Hella Bi-Focus low beams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested...

Comment

They're still working on shipping me the lamps, I'll update here once I get a pair installed on my car. If you want to be sure to get an update I made a Google Form so I can update people when they're ready for sale.

Comment

I should have them by the end of next week. Since it was a first time order on a large quantity the supplier in Germany had to call and verify a bunch of information to make sure I actually placed the order. Had to get up at 7 and call them because of the time difference since I'm in California for the summer.

Comment

The lights are on their way, finally. I'll get them installed and post some comparison shots next week.

Comment

Regardless of my previous post, I'm VERY interested to see what the citi light and all the associated hardware looks like.

Please remember to post pix of unboxing them, the quality of the parts and finally, how they look in comparison to the sealed beams you had on there before. Depending on the result, I might still be interested in making the conversion.
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Don't worry, I'll have pictures of it all. I've got a DSLR I'm going to keep on a tripod in the car for some comparison pictures and videos of the two set ups. I can keep it at the same ISO, aperture and shutter speed so it will be a true comparison.

Comment

Comment

Headlights are in! Check out some pictures here I'll get them installed this weekend.

They're really well built. All glass and metal, and look hand assembled from the way the sealant has been applied. Just by looking through the different parts of the glass to the back of the unit you can see how its designed to manipulate the light into different directions.
                  Last edited by rzmoser; 06-19-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics!

Is there a pigtail or socket to hold the citilight? Also, is there a rubber boot or something to cover the electrical connections (at the back of the light) when all wired up?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                      Thanks for the pics!

Is there a pigtail or socket to hold the citilight? Also, is there a rubber boot or something to cover the electrical connections (at the back of the light) when all wired up?

What are in those first pictures is what it came with. It has a retaining piece of metal for the city bbulb like it does for the H1 light, which will at least give it ground I think, but I haven't found exactly what city light goes in it. I'm in California for the summer so I'm going to wait until I'm back in Atlanta to mess with wiring up the city lights, if I ever do. I've updated the album with pictures of the wiring I'm going to be using for now. I used some crimping connections to be able to hook it up to the stock wiring harness without cutting anything, and the ground is held firmly against the H1 bulb by the retaining spring metal that holds the H1 into the socket. It didn't come with a dust cover, so I'm going to look into protecting the back once I get them installed.

Comment

I got the headlights installed, comparison video here. The difference was even more amazing in person. The light is even across the range, much brighter and a wider field. I set up the camera and locked aperture, shutter speed and ISO, filmed the stock headlights driving down the mountain, stopped on the side of the road and swapped them out (tells you how easy it is to do) then drove back up and filmed it again.

Comment

UPDATE on BiFocal availability -ON AGAIN!

Well, go figure - BiFocals are now available again!

Hella discontinued the BiFocal headlight (also known as BiFocus) ... Wait --
                          EDIT- THEY UN_DISCONTINUED THEM!!!

I can now order them, fit \with high output lamps, headlight protection film, and a connector to plug into the car harness for a no-brains installation. Certain fuse box mods are needed in some cars to get them to stay on all the time, as you mention. I have done this too.

If you want a pair, I will need your order and payment, and you can expect to wait for them. They are apparently still making them in small batches, maybe when a minimum number have been bought? Best guess is 12 weeks... but that is not a promise.

I am still working with my sources to see if we can find a suitable replacement for them since we can no longer get CSR low beams... D**M those accountants!

Andy
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mo Brighta; 06-18-2019, 10:52 AM. Reason: update on availability
                          Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
                          Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
                          Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
                          Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

I'm glad you found them somewhere. When I bulk ordered them I got them from a parts dealer in the UK that shipped them to me from Germany. Their website says they're out of stock now.

Comment

how do these compare to Hella e code H4 conversions?

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Mo Brighta View Post
                                Well, go figure - BiFocals are now available again!

Hella discontinued the BiFocal headlight (also known as BiFocus) ... Wait --
                                EDIT- THEY UN_DISCONTINUED THEM!!!

I can now order them, fit \with high output lamps, headlight protection film, and a connector to plug into the car harness for a no-brains installation. Certain fuse box mods are needed in some cars to get them to stay on all the time, as you mention. I have done this too.

If you want a pair, I will need your order and payment, and you can expect to wait for them. They are apparently still making them in small batches, maybe when a minimum number have been bought? Best guess is 12 weeks... but that is not a promise.

I am still working with my sources to see if we can find a suitable replacement for them since we can no longer get CSR low beams... D**M those accountants!

Andy

How much for a plug and play set?
                                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Working...
                                X