City Light Wiring - DIY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Light Wiring - DIY?

Does anyone know if there is a good DIY for this? Trying to wire up the city lights of my smileys to the side markers. Thank you!

It's only two wires and it technically doesn't matter which you wire to which. I would just wire the brown wire to the brown wire and the other two together. Browns are universally used as ground, regardless of the stripe color.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
      It's only two wires and it technically doesn't matter which you wire to which. I would just wire the brown wire to the brown wire and the other two together. Browns are universally used as ground, regardless of the stripe color.
      Thank you for the response! Is it best to use a butt connector or splice connector or when I splice into the existing wires? I shouldn't need to remove my front bumper right?

Comment

I personally like using uninsulated butt connectors with shrink tubing. They can be hard to find though.

Considering they will likely get wet, you may want to use insulated butt connectors with shrink tubing built in. They have a glue that melts when heated and seals everything up. Most auto parts stores have them.

Buy a good set of crimpers though. Channellock makes a nice set (~$20) as does Klein and a few others. Don't bother with the stamped metal ones you can get for cheap. They are garbage.

Comment

Working...
        X