Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken wire at the stereo DIN connector

Hey -

I found that one of my stereo DIN connectors has a broken wire. Unfortunately it is where the wire is soldered to the plug.

I looked carefully and don't see where the plug can be separated to allow me to solder it back to the peg.

Am I missing something? I did search but perhaps I'm not looking for the right words.

Thanks!

1991 BMW 318is - AlpineWeiss II
    1991 BMW 318is - DiamondSchwartz
    1973 BMW 2002 Tii - Baikal
    2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 sport - Black

You can't open it.
    The plastic cover is molded around the terminals and wires.

If you have engineering skills, you can create a 3D model in FreeCad for the plastic plug separated into 2 halves. Then you'll be able to print and glue them together.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
      You can't open it.
      The plastic cover is molded around the terminals and wires.

If you have engineering skills, you can create a 3D model in FreeCad for the plastic plug separated into 2 halves. Then you'll be able to print and glue them together.
      Ok, thanks! At least I'm not missing something obvious. I can get a bit creative with it now that I know it can't be repaired directly.

Jason

1991 BMW 318is - AlpineWeiss II
      1991 BMW 318is - DiamondSchwartz
      1973 BMW 2002 Tii - Baikal
      2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 sport - Black

Comment

Originally posted by jsnppp View Post

Ok, thanks! At least I'm not missing something obvious. I can get a bit creative with it now that I know it can't be repaired directly.

Jason
        Actually, many connectors in the E30 have molded-cover terminals. The outer plastic shells can be replaced easily, but not the terminals.

Comment

Working...
        X