Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    Then why didn't you post?

Also, what you posted is irrelevant. The point is that don't expect to get the color you order.
    Because I don't expect any company to tell me the 100% truth about anything they sell. When you buy something that you later find out isn't up to your expectations you have three options in America, bitch about it until the company takes care of you, sell the product to some other schmuck (someone who either doesn't care about your bitching, or has a different expectation), or take your bitching to the government. I usually subscribe to the first of the three, or the second when it makes more sense.

Originally posted by nando View Post
    who still makes quality retrofits? Find me a quality kit and I'll buy it. By the time I got to buying HIDs, they'd already been all run out of the market. Nobody but the chinese can compete at $40.
    Quality functioning kits are still out there, you just have to wade through the fleabay drop shippers.

The coilover situation sounds hilarious. "hey gauize, I can buy coilovers just as good as GC, TCK, H&R, etc for $200! they're just as good, look! you suckers who paid $1500+ are morons!" Yeah, that was hard to see coming..
    In my opinion DDM handled things very well, they took care of the screwed over customer, and refunded exactly what people paid for the kit. This is better than what most companies do, and just give people the retail price, screw them on shipping, and make people return the product.
    DDM literally said, "here's your money back, you shouldn't use those". My previously mentioned friend paid $811.52 price+shipping, and that is what he was refunded. The kits were around $750 if I recall correctly. The kit that replaced the DDM's was over $900 + shipping and had almost identical valving, construction, and spring rates.

That whole mess could have been avoided with some better MIG welding.

Comment

"taken care of very well" IMO would be not selling garbage products in the first place. Especially if they are capable of killing somebody.

DDM got very, very lucky. They could have easily been sued out of existance.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

doesn't this douchebag work there?
        [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

Originally posted by jaycheetwood View Post

I use and recommend:

VVME.com for HIDs.
          Have a pair of HIDs from them. Worth em . FK DDM!
          KingB

Comment

Lol.... I knew my 4300k were a little too blue, although they still work... but I would never buy suspension or brakes from a company that makes cheap HID kits....that's just asking for it.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

"taken care of very well" IMO would be not selling garbage products in the first place. Especially if they are capable of killing somebody.

DDM got very, very lucky. They could have easily been sued out of existance.
              That's the way it works in America, Fuck Yeh!

On a related note, I fucking ordered a 5000k kit from them last week. I wish I would have seen this earlier...
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                Fucking DMM. I knew my HID weren't the color I ordered. I ordered 5000k and I got ricer blue.

I'm not sure I understand how you received ricer blue - according to the chart posted, they sell 4700k as both "4500k" and "5000k". So buying "5000k" from them should have given you 4700k bulbs... wouldn't they be LESS blue?

Or did they send you the bulbs for 6000k/8000k instead?
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

They must have bumped me up to 6000/8000k. I'm sure the lazy guys there couldn't bother to reach over that far on the shelf.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

So wait... When I ordered my 6000K kit a few years ago, and thought to myself "these are bluer then I thought they would be".... I was actually getting 7000K bulbs? Well that explains it.

Funny enough, I am still on the same bulbs... 2 years later.

Dave
                    E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by stumble_t View Post
                      doesn't this douchebag work there?
                      Not anymore. He got fired for theft of company merchandise and funneling customer payments into his own account, IIRC from the thread on Bimmerforums. I don't know if the thread still exists; things get deleted with a quickness over there, it seems.......that's where I originally saw the chart that the OP posted, but the thread is long gone.
                      Jason

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                        I'm not sure I understand how you received ricer blue - according to the chart posted, they sell 4700k as both "4500k" and "5000k". So buying "5000k" from them should have given you 4700k bulbs... wouldn't they be LESS blue?

Or did they send you the bulbs for 6000k/8000k instead?
                        All the the "4500K" bulbs that I've received from them have been in the 6-12K range. The D2s bulbs were the worst.
                        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MoparJ View Post
                          Not anymore. He got fired for theft of company merchandise and funneling customer payments into his own account, IIRC from the thread on Bimmerforums. I don't know if the thread still exists; things get deleted with a quickness over there, it seems.......that's where I originally saw the chart that the OP posted, but the thread is long gone.
                          LOL what a creep!
                          [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

never had a problem with my DDM kits (i've had 4 sets over the years, never had a bad bulb, or any part of their system die), but i DO NOT condone bad business practices. hopefully, they will straighten their shit out or disappear.

i did notice though, that from the first kit to the last one, each one was significantly cheaper in quality, with the last ones looking like they were straight from ebay.

Comment

Is this only for their apexcone kit, or does it affect the raptor kit too?
                              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I just checked my original packaging(I still have it) and it says cq-22. That should be 4700k - yet mine are blue. Urrrr.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X