No announcement yet.

██ WARNING: DDM TUNING HID's - only sells 4 colors. ███

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i once viewed ddm as the cheapest HID vendor. however,cheapest place is not DDMTuning hands down, it is VVME.com, $31.99 for standard plug-and-play HID kit. I wouldn't buy from ddm again. My friend and I had bad experiences with their HIDs. Failed ballasts, burnt bulbs, wrong color, unmatching colors, harness problems...yeah sure it's covered under warrenty...but you gotta realize you have to pay shipping + wait time, and after the 2nd time around...it's not guaranteed that it'll work again.

i like that kind of VVME 43k pure white HID color, close to daytime light and 6k white color with slight blue tint around,making my headlights stand out from others on road....
    drivign around the whole world

Comment

Mine still work, but they sure as hell not 4300k that I ordered.....
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I just read that you have 3 days to return it. And you have to pay shipping BOTH ways.

Anyone order replacement bulbs? Are they the same set up as what they send you in the kit so that they still are plug and play?
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I got replacement bulbs and they were the same as I had b4, 6k. But I went in person. Ive still gone back and only get HID kits from them. Was there a month ago. Everyone who used to work there is no more. All new staff. No issues for me. Ill be going back in a few weeks for some more kits.

Comment

So what is the deal, replacement bulbs are still wrong kind??!
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

The 35k's in my fogs still work...but they've been sorta faulty at times..

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I was about to buy a HID kit from them but keep backing away due to a the negative feedback I've been reading about them and their bulbs not being the right ones, or the ballasts not working.

Comment

Originally posted by FKNFASTM5 View Post
                  sorry to hear this dude.

Wanna set the place on fire?
                  FUCK no them my boys (fire dept) has to clean up the mess.

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                  I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                  "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
                    Thanks for posting this. I was about to buy a HID kit from them but keep backing away due to a the negative feedback I've been reading about them and their bulbs not being the right ones, or the ballasts not working.
                    for 25bux you cant really back outa it lol

Comment

Lol, true. Might get it then. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Comment

True - just buyer beware regarding the colors.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I was just about to buy from DDM. Thanks George for looking out.

Were can I get a good HID kit?
                          sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Well your not going to get a good kit for $35. A good set of capsules alone will cost you $65 and up. If you want good ones get some phillips ballast.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

After having mine installed,my dash lights went out. I have been dealing with it for awhile and having to use a mini maglite to see my dash gauges at night. Now on my way home from the dockweiler meet,i got out from the beach entrance and they went out. I had to drive home from LAX to lake elsinore with no headlights just my fogs only. I have had it with this piece of shit lights. I took them out last night and put my 80/100watt osram h4's back in.:finger: DDM.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

ordered a set of 55w 5000k and they are bright white. Work great every time. Im sure people have problems with them but what do you expect for 40 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X