This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coat View Post
    This was also the case in my car, 1987 325i 4 door.

Also, my Left rear +: black/brown at connector position 7 was actually black/red in case anybody has the same issue. Thanks for the write-up, I got my back speakers working, now I just need to run new wire to the front speakers.
    Now there is a first post!

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by alloydix View Post
      I have a 88 325ix. It has tweeters and a fader in the dash.

The wires back at the amp.

The wires up front. This is back a little ways so all the loops are eliminated. I believe the green and red wire is a hot battery wire, and thus it is not showing in the back.

From what I see it looks like I need to re-wire, but bimmer630 seems to have done it with a situation that originally looked like mine (no orange and brown wires). I went back on the amp wires about a foot and a half looking for the individual grounds for the each speaker. I didn't see any. Should I go back further, or do I just not have them? Just Scott doesn't say anything about tying in negatives to the speaker wires, but from what Luke is saying that seems necessary. Thanks for the help guys.

I'm a noob to forums and had an issue last time posting pics. In case those didn't work, here are the links

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71254823@N05/6443622887/
      just wondering if anybody had an answer for this, there's NO ground cable on the dash side of an '88, but there's a spare brown in the trunk, should the speaker grounds in the trunk be run to the single massive brown wire that was originally into the amp?

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Thanks for the write up!
        sigpic

Comment

Feeling pretty silly here, I am usually okay at wiring but I cannot seem to get this one, it looks like someone tried to clean up the wiring and messed something up? Had a stereo in it when I purchased it but it didn't play anything and I wanted the amp deleted so I figured I would try to knock out two birds with one stone.
          Wiring at HU

Wiring at trunk

What I took out

Car is an 89 325is with premium sound with no fader.
          I have the same speaker wires in the back as I do in the front, and then the other bundle of non twisted pairs I cannot seem to get any speakers making any noise off of those wires.
          Am I missing something or just plain screwed lol

Comment

Interesting note, when I test for continuity from a pair of the trunk wires in my hand in the pic, they all have continuity.

Comment

Oh lordie...please please tell me you didn't cut that bunch in your hand...that is all of your brake and tail lights! That second box, the small one that loos nothing like an amplifier...that is your check panel relay!

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

The trunk wires in my hand appear to have come from the smaller box in the last picture.

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                  The trunk wires in my hand appear to have come from the smaller box in the last picture.
                  Exactly that....check panel relay pack.

Are you clear on the "re purpose" thing?

BTW, if you ever plan on having a great system, now is the time to get an amp.

Basically, that would mean you use all the stock wire in the trunk for the 4 speakers and only have to run RCA cables.

Luke

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

You sure its the check panel relays? It sounds stupid questioning you but the check panel still works. Taillights don't though, looks like It's time for a new amp !

Comment

appear ?

You sure its the check panel relays? It sounds stupid questioning you but the check panel still works. Taillights don't though, looks like It's time for a new amp !
                      oh boy
                      this is gonna be a long uphill battle

when you cut the wires apart did you leave some wire left on the connectors so you can reattach them or did you get the cut really close to the connector so you didnt 'waste wire'.
                      Originally posted by der affe
                      What are you going to start a thread about next? "My woman's skinny jeans chaffe my special parts, f*ck skin irritation"
                      Originally posted by navid41691
                      And no, I use lotion so I don't have to worry about skin irritation.
                      '...rolling balls, i'm elated, i'm going dumb now; drinking liquor i'm faded and having fun now; loaded gun and tripping with everyone around; keep me stuck in the sky, i never wanna come down...'...kabosh

Comment

lol

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                        Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I am retarded, reversed the process.
                          What was I thinking?

Comment

Comment

Any idea what is going on up at the Head unit? I was just looking at the wiring and I cannot figure out what the po was trying to do

Comment

Any idea what is going on up at the Head unit? I was just looking at the wiring and I cannot figure out what the po was trying to do
                                The wiring behind the head unit is all stock-ish, or close enough.

Do you understand the re-purposing of the wires?

Comment

Working...
                                X