This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB-M3 View Post
    I have all the positives identified. It's the ground wires that I am not clear on.
    That bunch is them! Unwrap the harness, cut out the connector, and you will see they are all twisted pairs. The "brown side" is grounds. All the other wires are the speaker leads from your amp, connect them as on page 1 of this monster post!

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      That bunch is them! Unwrap the harness, cut out the connector, and you will see they are all twisted pairs. The "brown side" is grounds. All the other wires are the speaker leads from your amp, connect them as on page 1 of this monster post!
      Unwrap furthur than that? I'll have to dig deeper and find the twisted pairs. Are you saying there is another connector besides that 4 to 1 butt connection? Once I find the twisted pairs I should be good.

Comment

Unwrap furthur than that? I'll have to dig deeper and find the twisted pairs. Are you saying there is another connector besides that 4 to 1 butt connection? Once I find the twisted pairs I should be good.
        we are talking like 3" more, the pairs will be obvious

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          we are talking like 3" more, the pairs will be obvious
          You were right again. Unraveled it and I could see the twisted pairs and make the proper connections. I think I'm good in the trunk except 3 wires. The 12V, 12V switch, and Main Ground. Do I need these? Just let them be?
          Attached Files

Comment

You were right again. Unraveled it and I could see the twisted pairs and make the proper connections. I think I'm good in the trunk except 3 wires. The 12V, 12V switch, and Main Ground. Do I need these? Just let them be?
            I use them to power the fans and LEDs in the amp racks...

Closing SOON!

Comment

In my case then I'll let them be. Next is wiring the head unit in. I'll update again once the pioneer unit is bumping.

Comment

Finally got the head unit in and working. Sounds good. Premium system is good enough for me. One thing is since the new head unit doesnt have those 2 screws what holds it in? It starts to slide out sometimes. Do I need to mount the sleeve somehow?
                Attached Files

Comment

Finally got the head unit in and working. Sounds good. Premium system is good enough for me. One thing is since the new head unit doesnt have those 2 screws what holds it in? It starts to slide out sometimes. Do I need to mount the sleeve somehow?
                  Slide the sleeve in and bend out whatever tabs hold it nice and tight, then the new deck clicks in the sleeve...was there no instruction manual at all?

Good to hear you got it up and running!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Have the same situation. Any response to this. Thanks.
                    Originally posted by Spyke
                    I guess I need some help... I seem to have some cross breed e30.

Here's what I got:

1987 325e (10-1986 build date)

-NO tweeters
                    -Fader switch in the dash
                    -NO amp in the trunk
                    -Fader wires DO NOT change colors, there are NO additional wires in the bundle. I followed them all the way behind the speedo to make sure. There's only the 4 striped and 2 solid wires going to the fader switch.

Photos of my head unit, fader switch and wiring to the head unit:

IMG_20130210_103441 by Spyke e36/e30, on Flickr

IMG_20130210_092643 by Spyke e36/e30, on Flickr

IMG_20130210_092814 by Spyke e36/e30, on Flickr

IMG_20130210_092929 by Spyke e36/e30, on Flickr
                    (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Why do you think this car is special? You have an early, non-amplified "standard" system with the fader in dash. Somwhere in this thread you will find several others posting the same setup and how to fix it.

What exactly are you installing?

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Luke RULES!
                        Thanks for your help the other day.

A
                        88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                        89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                        56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                        www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

It seems that everything that I find says that the fader will have 8 wires with a splice about a foot back. I've been searching through the thread looking for something similar but no luck yet. Still looking. Installing a Kenwood kdc-200u. Thanks.
                          (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Originally posted by Vdubmt View Post
                            It seems that everything that I find says that the fader will have 8 wires with a splice about a foot back. I've been searching through the thread looking for something similar but no luck yet. Still looking. Installing a Kenwood kdc-200u. Thanks.
                            How far have you unwrapped the harness? Have you unwrapped enough that the fader wiring fell out of the harness? typically, another foot or so past the yellow and blue looping back to the radio side is enough.

Closing SOON!

Comment

I have to the point that yellow and blue go to the back of the radio and the remaining 4 go behind the cluster. I do not have premium system. It seems that it should be a no brainer
                              (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Would these be the splices.. Neither of them come off of the fader wires. They both connect to the wires that go directly to the back of the radio. The blue on also doesn't seem like it's two wires in. Looks like one wire that the other wire is spliced into
                                Attached Files
                                (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Working...
                                X