Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30nub1
    replied
    Any 10" boxes still available? shipped to zip 37919?

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    I just wanted to point out that i weighed my 10" Luke box with obcon sub and it weighed several pounds less than the trunk tar i removed! That tar is comically heavy.

Leave a comment:

• Martin C.
    replied
    I totally dig the delete of speakers in the rear. My e46 has the JL stealth subs, and I get to hear the fronts just fine with my underpowered 15w head unit. I am trying to get the rear seat with the ski tunnel and then get one of Luke's 10" boxes for my e30...sweet. My setup will likely have a 5 channel amp though.

Leave a comment:

• Blaine0002
    replied
    any updates on a 12" e34 box? Thanx

Leave a comment:

• NeoMishMoo
    replied
    Maybe I've just got crap speakers but I always keep my fade set to +3 (sometimes even +4) on the front just so that I can actually hear the kick panel speakers, at a zero fader the rears completely overpower everything else.

Leave a comment:

• browntown
    replied
    I deleted my rear speakers on Luke's advice when he built my system. The way he set it up sounds great to me.

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    In a well set up car, more sound will come from the front than the rear. I run rear speakers purely for the MS-8's DSP. They have almost no power going to them.

Leave a comment:

• brgracer
    replied
    Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
    I don't have anyone in my back seats except for a dog, but on my lunch i did a fade test and the sound is much louder when faded to the rear as opposed to the front. I am running Reference 5 1/4 components front and rear powered via 5 channel amp.

Not hating on your setup by any means I am just curious!
    Oh I didn't think that you were hating at all. Certainly rear speakers might make things sound "fuller," I don't think that you want higher frequency music coming at your ears mainly from the rear. Think about a good home stereo setup, good pair of speakers well spaced in front of you with tweeters near ear level. Unless you have a huge collection of SACDs and a deck to play them in full surround, I just don't think that rear speakers are all that important in an E30. YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• EN318isPDX
    replied
    Originally posted by brgracer View Post
    I have a sedan, and for me the rears would only have been there for some rear fill that was not a priority to me. I think that with good front components and a Luke box sub, it will provide great sound for the driver. I have rear passengers so infrequently that rear occupant sound quality is low on the priority list.
    I don't have anyone in my back seats except for a dog, but on my lunch i did a fade test and the sound is much louder when faded to the rear as opposed to the front. I am running Reference 5 1/4 components front and rear powered via 5 channel amp.

Not hating on your setup by any means I am just curious!

Leave a comment:

• brgracer
    replied
    Dare I ask why? Most of the sound you hear comes from those 2 speakers.
    I have a sedan, and for me the rears would only have been there for some rear fill that was not a priority to me. I think that with good front components and a Luke box sub, it will provide great sound for the driver. I have rear passengers so infrequently that rear occupant sound quality is low on the priority list.

Leave a comment:

• EN318isPDX
    replied
    Originally posted by harv View Post
    Shouldn't

John
    Shouldnt? Do explain

Leave a comment:

• harv
    replied
    Most of the sound you hear comes from those 2 speakers.
    Shouldn't

John

Leave a comment:

• EN318isPDX
    replied
    Originally posted by brgracer View Post
    I had the speaker holes closed when I got it recovered so it's not a stock piece.
    Dare I ask why? Most of the sound you hear comes from those 2 speakers.

Leave a comment:

• brgracer
    replied
    Originally posted by NeoMishMoo View Post
    Ah wow that looks so good I'm jealous! SHould have just got the 10" box and I would have been done with it.... oh well. Um maybe I'm just not that informed but where did you get the speakerless rear deck? Looks neat.
    I had the speaker holes closed when I got it recovered so it's not a stock piece.

Leave a comment:

• NeoMishMoo
    replied
    Ah wow that looks so good I'm jealous! SHould have just got the 10" box and I would have been done with it.... oh well. Um maybe I'm just not that informed but where did you get the speakerless rear deck? Looks neat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X