Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darrenforeal
    replied
    cool done

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    email is best, or facebook.

You haz my emailz.

Leave a comment:

• darrenforeal
    replied
    hey luke, i shot u a quick pm regarding the IDQv3 for the e30 box and the IDMAXv3 for the e34 box.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by svn2002s View Post
    SO Luke, for the 12" box, based on the volume and tunning which sub matches your beast.
    Well, the best sounding sub I have heard yet in this box is the Exile XP woofer.

What you want is a woofer with a Qts under .35, an Fs under 30Hz and hopefully a MMs under 175 grams. XMax over 4mm is better, too.

Anything that fits that description will sound terrific, with the only variable being power handling.

On the cheap side, there are several woofers mentioned in several threads, but I personally really like the Infinity Reference woofs as a "way under $100" choice.

That RE woofer is nice too. Don't know the model, but there are TONS of good woofer out there.

If you can find a 2.5" or larger voice coil, that is better. Old school Fosgate "Power Series DVC" with the 4" voice coils (3" on 10's) are fucking brutal, and sound excellent. I would love to have one of those with say 500 watts RMS running it. I have 600 W RMS on my XP12 SVC, that power series is way more efficient, so 500 would be enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• the fil
    replied
    Hrmm, I think I'll prob go with a 10" then. And am I crazy but I thought there was a thread on this section w/ recommended setup for an e30.

Leave a comment:

• svn2002s
    replied
    SO Luke, for the 12" box, based on the volume and tunning which sub matches your beast.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    oh duh, that's right...the whole V3 thing.

Crap.

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Why? We are talking about this woof, right? :http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/...%20D2%20v3.pdf
    No, the idq uses the idmax sized ring. It won't fit into the hole as a result. I was very sad when I dropped it in and it wouldn't fit. The id is a lower tier woofer than the idq.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by the fil View Post
    Hey Mr. Stereo installer, how much would a 12 box cost me, and sounds like I just punch out the ski pass and slide it in? Also, do you gave any opinion on the pioneer TS-W3002D4 Premier 12" Champion, I found a site online where I can get it for 78 shipped
    The 12" box is gonna be $235 shipped to you...but I do not know if that woofer is gonna fit, that sucker is deep! The issue is not so much the depth, but the diameter of the magnet structure at that depth.

Also, the 12" box has ports coming out of the top and you need to cut 2 very precise holes in the rear deck and put the supplied ports into the box, so that all of your bass gets into the car. It makes A HUGE difference.

man, can't wait until I get my websites up and running, that would answer so many of you guys' questions with nice photos and full stories...

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    How much bigger? Are we talking 12" box big?
    Possibly! That thing is HUGE. I am gonna make a profile cutout using the dimensions shown on their site, see if I can keep it small.

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    How much bigger? Are we talking 12" box big?

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    I am doing a "1 off" IDMax for an E34...but I have to build a woofer template for it, so I can make IDMax boxes...but they will be bigger, heavier and more money...

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    Haaaaay luke... I am not sure that I am satisfied with this Infinity (although it is not bad at all and it has surprised my friends and I quite a bit). I've still got that JBL sub, but I kind of want to end up with an ID 10", be it an IDMAX or IDQ. Are you still planning on making those boxes? What's the deal?

Leave a comment:

• the fil
    replied
    Hey Mr. Stereo installer, how much would a 12 box cost me, and sounds like I just punch out the ski pass and slide it in? Also, do you gave any opinion on the pioneer TS-W3002D4 Premier 12" Champion, I found a site online where I can get it for 78 shipped

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
    Unless you've changed the dimensions, the idq 10v3 won't fit. :(
    Why? We are talking about this woof, right? :http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/...%20D2%20v3.pdf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X