This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work!
    How do you wire the E36 window control module and what is the part #?

Comment

It's a major hassle to wire the E36 module, it's lot easier to buy an after market module.
      Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
      1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        Yanal,
        Oddly enough, I have never seen the link to the window modules on Scytek.net...but they should be there, right? They are the only alarm I would ever consider using these days, personally. But their window modules don't seem to be on their site. They make two modules, a two-window and a four-window. The two-window module will control one window up and down; the four-window will control two windows up and down, but does not have separate activation wires for each side.

I will be installing your mod in my car very soon. I currently use E36 small green base switches and SPDT relays in conjunction with those window modules, and I'm looking forward to doing your mod...as soon as I get another car (since I wrecked this one).

Luke
        I found it under accessories on Scyteck's site.

You have to click accessories on the left side and then the next button.

Then for sale thru amazon:

So you're saying I could buy one of the Scyteks for $30 and have auto up and down for both windows instead of paying $50 for 2 Autolocs?

Comment

so to control my driver, passenger, and sunroof I will need 3 modules?

Comment

one module per window/sunroof?

Originally posted by yert315
            Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by klavender1 View Post
              So you're saying I could buy one of the Scyteks for $30 and have auto up and down for both windows instead of paying $50 for 2 Autolocs?
              i never really tried the Scyteks ones so i honestly don't know, i'll buy one soon since i need another set for my convertible and i'll post instructions if it works.

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
              so to control my driver, passenger, and sunroof I will need 3 modules?
              with the AutoLoc ones yes,

Originally posted by howdyhoayman View Post
              one module per window/sunroof?
              thats correct :up:

1990 M3
              1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

You are a great help. Thanks.
                last question,

I wan't an "express switch" that way I can roll both windows and the sunroof back at one time with the press of one button. Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                  You are a great help. Thanks.
                  last question,

I wan't an "express switch" that way I can roll both windows and the sunroof back at one time with the press of one button. Ideas?
                  If you wire the 'express switch' to the wires for each individual switch (after the switch) it should work right?
                  I'm going to try that when I do mine. I've been looking for switched in the junkyard with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by svn2002s View Post
                    If you wire the 'express switch' to the wires for each individual switch (after the switch) it should work right?
                    I'm going to try that when I do mine. I've been looking for switched in the junkyard with no luck.
                    yes thats correct, i bought a switch out of a convertible E36, the one in the middle on the driver side that controls all of the windows, it's basically the same as the others internally.

just splice the up/down wires from that extra switch to the three modules, you can also use it with a remote keyless entree system that has an extra accessory button to put the windows down/up remotely.

1990 M3
                    1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

I've ordered a Scytek 4-window module. When it comes in I will be sending it to Yanal to see if he can work his magic. If it works, it should save you guys a little money.

Comment

can't wait to hear the results, I almost pulled the trigger on the two auto-locs but if this works it will be way better....where are you guys hiding your modules?
                        1991 318is ---230K - DD
                        1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                        so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

excited over this

-
                          Project
                          Parts for Sale
                          Feedback
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

Ok, Yanal has the module and has been checking it out. I sent 2 E36 switches in a separate package. Because I forgot to put them in the same box as the module. I just sent them USPS regular mail with no confirmation or tracking number. Stupid me. It's now been over a week and he still doesn't have the switches. Does anyone here have one (small green base) they can send him to test the module?

Comment

so klavender1 was nice enough and bought the Skytek ACCWR-8-4, 4 Window Rollup module, and shipped it to me to try and see if i can modify it like the Autoloc module to clear things up for the E30 community, also sent me couple of E36 switches which got lost in mail and still he sent another switch by mail, and also paypaled me some monies, so thank you. :up:

Anyways the Skytek ACCWR-8-4 IS USELESS, while i managed to get it to control all windows individually just like the Autoloc one, the problem is that the Skytec one wasn't designed to control each window individually for the auto up or down, it's more of an extension to an alarm system or keyless remote where you press one button and ALL windows goes down, or ALL windows goes up, or if you like the auto vent feature when its super hot out there and i doubt it even works with the E30 since it doesn't ground the other wire for the window motor while supplying +12 to the other which i think is required, I'll find out in few days.

I'll keep looking for cheaper/easier options even if i have to design a new board just for the E30 from scratch.

Yanal

1990 M3
                              1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

Great work man!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X