This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoadHazard View Post
    I think the size is not too bad. I put mine in the dashboard behind the black plastic pieces in the glove box. The wires are long enough. But my car is RHD so that may make it different.

And price-wise I think they're comparable. At least on Amazon the DEI is cheaper than two Autoloc. But you may be able to find a better deal.

What else do you guys find the DEI lacking? I've used it for several years in my previous car and didn't find anything wrong about it. But maybe that's just me because I didn't look for a lot of features. Not trying to defend the DEI but I wanted to mention it as another possibility after I saw Luke's comment for not able to find a module that controls both windows separately.
    i honestly never tried it before, i had the Autoloc already, i just read somewhere that its huge, i'd love to check it out one day, maybe it is a better option.

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
    If I wanted to have my windows roll up when I auto lock the car with a key fob, what would be the best way to do that?

(I don't have a key fob thing picked out yet, but was going to go with this:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234209)
    no need for a third module, just feed the output from the keyless moudle to both AutoLoc modules and you should be set

Originally posted by cristianE View Post
    hi everybody, just curios to know if the white switch will work. and i also noticed my switch board is a bit different, thank you
    the "late model" white switch will work but the PCB has a different lay out, i did it once but i lost all pictures before i could upload them, the idea is to seperate both "second button" switches from each other, take a good picture of both sides and ill point out where you should cut

yq
    Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
    1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

NICE MOD ...Awesome

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
      I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
      "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Fantastic thread, thank you for sharing your mod yanal!

In fact it was because of this thread that I decided to keep my e30 in addition to my e39 and actually make the e30 my downtown commuter/grocery getter. Since the decision, I upgraded the head unit to a Pioneer DEH-9400BH and will be ordering a "LukeBox" from StereoInstaller1 here shortly and will also upgrade the fronts with Pioneer components.

I do have a question regarding this one-touch mod in this thread:

I have purchesed the following e36 switch sets from eBay along with one AutoLoc module so far from Amazon (I realize I will need one for each window & sunroof).

Originally, I ordered just a single switch (linked below) but then realized the switch connectors in my e30 are not the same as the ones that connect to the green e36 switches.

Am I correct in assuming I will need the e36 connectors/wire harnesses and connect them to my e30 wires?

And one other idea I'm thinking about:
        One of the switch sets above comes with what I believe is a convertible roof switch. Assuming the internals are the same as the green e36 switches, I was was thinking of using this switch as a 5th switch that controls ALL the windows at once. Does this seem doable as long as I map out how to connect this 5th switch to each of the one touch modules and window circuits (or is it so complicated that it's not worth the work)?

Comment

Can you please post up the wiring diagram? It's kinda hard to follow the write up

Comment

Bumping an old thread.

I'm looking to do this mod but hoping to do it with one module. Has anyone come out with a module that controls all 4 windows separately up and down?

I have a complete E36 with all the wiring and window module. Does anyone know if there is more than one module that controls all the windows in the E36?

I'm no electrical genius but I can figure some things out but have a feeling this is a little out of my reach. I would be willing to send Yanal the E36 window module if he would like to dissect it to figure out if we could start using them in our E30s.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
            sigpic
            Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

i apologies about not replying to your posts, i haven't been on r3v for a while.

@poorboyz i'm not aware of any one module that can control all 4 windows, and i remember playing with the E36 module few years back and i didn't like it for some reason or it didn't work for me.

1990 M3
              1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

A bit better way to do things...

New custom circuit board - my own design, fully rebuilt switch. New LED, resistor.

Ah yes, that looks nice:

Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

This must have been what you were talking about when you told me to subscribe to this thread...

Need more info...how will the one touch operate? One touch built in your circuit board or will there be a standalone module for your custom switches?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                  sigpic
                  Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Hi,

I have fitted an alarm with a window closer signal built in. I want to know if I can wire up the window motors to a 30 second signal, or will it burn out the window motors?

Comment

You'll melt the motors eventually.

---------------------------------------------------------

Now for sale..........................

True one touch e30 windows. With e36 window switches for e30's and one touch operation on the windows.
                      Last edited by george graves; 05-21-2014, 04:55 AM.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        You'll melt the motors eventually.
                        Thanks, so I have to get an adjustable timer module such as the one for the dome light so that the output is a max of 10 seconds, I estimate that the windows take about 7 seconds from fully open to fully closed? Any other ideas to solve this riddle are welcome - the output only has two settings, 1 second or 30 seconds.

Comment

As said above, I just want the windows to close when the alarm is activated.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            A bit better way to do things...

New custom circuit board - my own design, fully rebuilt switch. New LED, resistor.

Ah yes, that looks nice:

pretty awesome! nice work.

Originally posted by 318i Twins View Post
                            As said above, I just want the windows to close when the alarm is activated.
                            you need a module like the one mentioned before for each window. it cuts off power instantaneously once the motor starts drawing more current, the motor will draw more current when the window is fully closed or fully open, or someone's hand is in the way!

1990 M3
                            1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

@Yanal Thanks for your writeup. I'm currently partway through implementing it. Soldering is done but have a question about the wiring.

Your write-up doesn't mention what to do with the switch up & down wires coming out of the module. Do they connect up to the switch itself somehow or just stay unconnected (you mention connecting the switch to the wires soldered directly to the module's board).

Any additional detail you could provide on the wiring would be a huge help!

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I am monitoring this thread -_-

Comment

Working...
                                X