X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airkhin
    replied
    that is incredible post up!! hey luke, link to the auto tilt feature? is there ones that have lower temp props?

Leave a comment:

• bimmerpirate
    replied
    Wicked :) Will have to do this one day when $$$ and time allows

Leave a comment:

• MC Hammered
    replied
    Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Dude...this is unreal.

I have been futzing around with my E36 switches for a LONG time, never even thought about modding the switch!

You, my man, are brilliant!

That is basically the same module I use, but I get mine from directly the manufacturer, Scytek (the US distributor some Taiwanese company), but theirs also has an "auto vent" if it hits 100 degrees in the car...very solid and reliable unit IMO.

Great job, man!
    Thanks and i'm glad i can help, this forum saved my ass so many times and this is the least i could do, too bad i never document my work, but from now and on i'll document it and share it with you guys.

ps i've seen your work around here, pretty impressive stuff you make

Yanal

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Dude...this is unreal.

I have been futzing around with my E36 switches for a LONG time, never even thought about modding the switch!

You, my man, are brilliant!

That is basically the same module I use, but I get mine from directly the manufacturer, Scytek (the US distributor some Taiwanese company), but theirs also has an "auto vent" if it hits 100 degrees in the car...very solid and reliable unit IMO.

Great job, man!

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    Originally posted by MaksV View Post
    Ygpm.
    good stuff, Thanks

Leave a comment:

• MaksV
    replied
    Ygpm.

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    Sticky... now
    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
    wow this is awesome. sticky this now
    Originally posted by svn2002s View Post
    What are they waiting to make this post a sticky? Thanks for updating pics with arrows.
    :D

Originally posted by MaksV View Post
    You can also use the e38/39 switchs - the leads you need to cut are much easier to get to and the switches themselves look much better IMHO

PS: I believe this is the unit he is using:

http://www.amazon.com/AutoLoc-WC1000...1107952&sr=8-1

i'll give them a try once i get my hands on a set, i just happened to have the E36 ones from the M3 i'm parting out. and yes thats the module, Thanks for the link.

Leave a comment:

• svn2002s
    replied
    What are they waiting to make this post a sticky? Thanks for updating pics with arrows.

Leave a comment:

• sector6
    replied
    nice work! thank you.

Leave a comment:

• MaksV
    replied
    You can also use the e38/39 switchs - the leads you need to cut are much easier to get to and the switches themselves look much better IMHO

PS: I believe this is the unit he is using:

Last edited by MaksV; 07-19-2011, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    wow this is awesome. sticky this now

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    Originally posted by SoEm0 View Post
    Awesome write up. I am going to start looking for the stuff needed. Just a few quick questions.

a. where is the module located in the e36?
    b. where did you stash it when you finished installing in the e30?
    c. can the module control 2 windows and the sunroof? If so what else would need to be done to make the sunroof one work too?
    the E36 is located under the dash behind the glove box, but i didn't use the E36 module since it doesn't really control everything, i think most just express the driver side both ways, the best thing would be to buy a module like the one i have in the pictures, made by AutoLoc i think, not that expensive anyways.

and they all fit under the ebrake console right behind the center console, also you need a module for each window and one for the sunroof

Leave a comment:

• SoEm0
    replied
    Awesome write up. I am going to start looking for the stuff needed. Just a few quick questions.

a. where is the module located in the e36?
    b. where did you stash it when you finished installing in the e30?
    c. can the module control 2 windows and the sunroof? If so what else would need to be done to make the sunroof one work too?

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    Last edited by yanal; 04-28-2016, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X